• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Donald Impeachment

I’ll add this especially for the centrists here who poo-poo’d every time I said Republicans value nothing except power.

Your position is that the president's assertion that his close advisors have immunity from testifying is an immunity that does not emanate from his position as the executive? And when Kupperman, in his lawsuit that Mulvaney tried to join, cited U.S. v. Nixon and the various OLC memos on executive privilege as the basis for the president's assertion, he wasn't talking about executive privilege? That's your position?

It doesn't matter what anyone calls this putative immunity. It is an argument about executive privilege, wrong though it may be.

My position, as I clearly stated, is that Mulvaney cited the made up “absolute immunity” as a reason to not testify. That’s clearly different than executive privilege, which has a clear definition and case history, and which by the way, only the President can invoke.

4e3eaf6c24afc70b6c716a4518283890.jpg

Interesting. Looks like an attempt at the "we're giving him a slap on the wrist" defense of their inaction even though "they're" trying to throw Trump under the bus and "we" are stopping them from doing it.

I would like to think some Pub Senators would be relieved if Bolton testified and destroyed the truly reprehensible human being they are being forced to protect. At least they'd have a very public reason for abandoning him.

I would like to think.

Back