• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Donald Impeachment

I do hope that impeachment sullies the Trump name enough that, once the boomers die out, the name Trump is more toxic than Clinton and Bush put together

Most historians were already going to trash Trump, and he'll go down as maybe the worst in history.* Impeachment proceedings are just another brick in that wall. But for posterity sakes, impeaching was the correct thing to do. And I'm glad Pelosi put Schiff in charge over Nadler.

*Provided that we're still living in a democratic republic with press freedom. I no longer see that as a given.

Most historians were already going to trash Trump, and he'll go down as maybe the worst in history.* Impeachment proceedings are just another brick in that wall. But for posterity sakes, impeaching was the correct thing to do. And I'm glad Pelosi put Schiff in charge over Nadler.

*Provided that we're still living in a democratic republic with press freedom. I no longer see that as a given.

oh, no doubt. Schiff has done an amazing job, regardless of how one feels about the validity of the proceedings themselves*

I love to hate on Pelosi, but she has done a really good job handling this impeachment circus, imo.

Yeah, I've been down on Pelosi for years but have been impressed at her speakership this time around. Resisted impeachment when it was just Mueller Report obstruction stuff, but you gotta do it after the Ukraine stuff came out. And got Nadler our of there and put Schiff in charge. And she's doing a decent job of holding her somewhat fractious house caucus together.

This.

No matter the political outcome, impeachment was the right thing to do to protect our republic and send a warning shot to future corrupt politicians that this is a lever that can be pulled if needed.

Impeachment won’t flip much of Trump’s base but it will matter at the margins. In an election that will likely be decided by a few thousand votes in a handful of states, impeachment might have been the politically expedient thing to do in addition to being the right thing to do.

Speaker of a Democratic House seems like a tough gig.

Throughout our history, usually it's tougher for a Dem speaker than a Pub speaker. Unless your name is Boehner or Ryan, and the period in question is 2014-18.

How insane is it that Trump will likely win re-election?

And then Don Jr, then maybe Eric. Let's see, that only covers the next 20 years, so someone is going to have to bridge the gap for Barron.

This poison runs deep. It didn't start with DJT, and I don't see it ending with him.

And then Don Jr, then maybe Eric. Let's see, that only covers the next 20 years, so someone is going to have to bridge the gap for Barron.

This poison runs deep. It didn't start with DJT, and I don't see it ending with him.

Let’s see if we can get Eric to tie his shoes first.

Sadly, yep.

Pub senators have cover to allow Bolton to testify because the info is coming out anyway via his book.

So at this point the only interpretation is they fear he has some bomb to drop.

Its like standing there in court across from a guy who stole your car, and you know he stole it because everyone saw him driving it and his business partner said yeah we stole it get over it, but he parked it back in your driveway in the middle of the night a few weeks later and the judge and jury are all like what you don't have the proof because he isn't sitting in it right now.

This is the dumbest fucking shit in the history of anything

McConnell doesn't have the votes to block witnesses, per report. Bring on Bolton, our lord and savior!

Back