• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Donald Impeachment

I guess it doesn't really matter because, either way, it's unethical and shameless and embarrassing

but it does seem like some of the hate needs to be directed at the game

Democrats are trying to change the game to make such unethical behavior illegal with campaign finance and gerrymandering reform and expanding voter access through automatic registration, etc.

They need to add national voting machines to that list. Private contractors making voting machines picked by partisan leader is just dumb.

even still, as far as I can tell those groups are largely not in favor of rolling back environmental regs, (obviously) pro immigration reform, open to health care reform and gun control.

Also open to financial reform and are not war-mongers. Youth vote favors green energy and student loan reform.

by socially conservative I assume you mean pro-life and anti-LGBT?

I think that’s the cornerstone of their platform if they want to pursue that base.

It seems the modern GOP is way too confident in the adage of people becoming more conservative as they get older. That idea worked fine for generations that benefited from the status quo. Boomers got conservative as they accumulated wealth. Current young folks aren’t really able to do that. Accumulating debt and having to defer “settling down” certainly isn’t incubating too many future republicans.

All I’m saying is that the Norman Rockwell family gathered around the thanksgiving table to GOP claims to serve is increasingly found in immigrant families. “Traditional Family Values” will that probably outlast white supremacy as the olds die off.

However, there’s also more meat on the white supremacist bone than any of us would like to admit. As society gets more diverse, more white male insecurity will be directed towards minorities.

Republicans seem to have that choice in front of them. Michael Steele’s vision vs. Steve Bannon’s. You can’t argue which way they are currently leaning in good faith.

Last edited:
I think that’s the cornerstone of their platform if they want to pursue that base.

It seems the modern GOP is way too confident in the adage of people becoming more conservative as they get older. That idea worked fine for generations that benefited from the status quo. Boomers got conservative as they accumulated wealth. Current young folks aren’t really able to do that. Accumulating debt and having to defer “settling down” certainly isn’t incubating too many future republicans.

All I’m saying is that the Norman Rockwell family gathered around the thanksgiving table to GOP claims to serve is increasingly found in immigrant families. “Traditional Family Values” will that probably outlast white supremacy as the olds die off.

However, there’s also more meat on the white supremacist bone than any of us would like to admit. As society gets more diverse, more white male insecurity will be directed towards minorities.

Republicans seems to have that choice in front of them. Michael Steele’s vision vs. Steve Bannon’s. You can’t argue which way they are currently leaning in good faith.

well said

Republicans seem to have that choice in front of them. Michael Steele’s vision vs. Steve Bannon’s. You can’t argue which way they are currently leaning in good faith.

As a group they've more than made that choice. And the Michael Steeles, George Wills and David Frums are few and far between. But I don't see the Pub party going back to a more traditional conservatism anytime soon. Fox and the other rabid conservative outlets are not going to permit that to happen. And they'll find another demagogue to take Trump's place after he's done. I suppose Pub poobahs realize the long term demographics are against them. But for now, they're still quite competitive in national politics. They probably won't get the house back anytime soon, but they'll be more than competitive in the senate because there are more conservative leaning states than liberal leaning ones. And because of the EC, they can lose national elections by 2-5% and still win the presidency. And beating Trump this year is still a very open question. So no, today's Pub party isn't going to change as long as it remains this competitive. And I'll add that I think it's up in the air as to whether we will remain a democratic republic.

Great post. One of my big talking points nowadays is that so many trends we think of as age effects are actually cohort effects. We can make a pretty strong argument that for several reasons the idea that people get more politically conservative as they get older will basically end with white people who came of age during the civil rights era and maybe some older Gen X. After that, there's just too much skepticism baked in to younger cohorts that they aren't just going to flock to white identity Republican politics.

Topics Trump's counsel argues both side.
1. Witnesses. Sue, but you can't sue.
2. Abuse of power. House article is too strict and can't be met. It's too broad and shouldn't be applied.
3. The limited info the House uncovered doesn't prove their case. Additional witnesses and documents are not needed because the info the House uncovered fully exonerates Trump.

Last edited:
Rand Paul is an absolute POS.

At one point, his libertarian ideology was at least principled, if somewhat quirky. Now, he's given up on that unless it fits his particular agenda for that day.

Trying to get the Supreme Court Chief Justice to name the whistleblower is pretty damn low. Roberts has to love this display of bullshit lawyering the GOP is putting on in addition to political tricks to name the whistleblower, smear the Bidens, etc.

Our country sucks so much. Fucking Rudy Giuliani is over here doing shady foreign policy to protect President Goddamn Trump and Republicans don’t even want to hear witness testimony about it.

Back