• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Donald Impeachment

We all knew that Congressional Republicans would get here eventually. When all this information about the Ukraine and Trump first came out, somebody said that the GOP would, in steps, go from the initial "there was no quid pro quo and Trump didn't do it" to "yes, there was a quid pro quo and he did do it, but it doesn't really matter because we say so." If nothing else, all this has just confirmed that Trump owns the GOP body and soul, and that as long as he's giving them their judges and hating the people they hate they simply don't give a shit what he does, or what laws or traditions or morals he breaks, or anything, really. Democrats already knew that, but at least now we've got more evidence of it.

So can Democrats make voters care in November?

But isn't there a difference in receiving dirt and extorting dirt ?

Sure, the Trumps were all about colluding to get some information on Hillary, but it's not like they were witholding $400 million in aid to get it.

The great thing about RJ being banned is now, when he reads the board without logging in, he has to read all of my posts since he can't block me.

HI RJ !

Hey RJ, don't forget to send the rent check on PayPal or Venmo this month.

They made voters care last time. They just need to make enough of the right voters care.

Yeah. You’d hope Democrats can build off 2018 given how much more dirt is out there but I’m worried.

Can’t wait until Trump doesn’t use his newly minted Infinite President powers to not-fuck with the election that he’ll totally just accept defeat in if that actually happens

The DNC is standing in the way. '18 was about a concerted money influx for candidates and more importantly quality candidates looking to break out of the box that a two party system made to keep themselves (Rs & Ds both) in power. The individual senator or representative does not matter. Party first is what got us here.

Yeah. You’d hope Democrats can build off 2018 given how much more dirt is out there but I’m worried.

Trump wasn’t on the ticket in 2018. I’m worried about prideful union folks in PA, MI, WI, etc. not being able to admit that trump has done fuck all for them, swallow their pride, and vote for a progressive.

Trump wasn’t on the ticket in 2018. I’m worried about prideful union folks in PA, MI, WI, etc. not being able to admit that trump has done fuck all for them, swallow their pride, and vote for a progressive.

Usually the President not being on the ticket hurts Democrats. Did we blow our load in 2018? Are there more new voters to get?

Oh that’s super easy when whatever you do is, by definition, legal.

Just ask any despot.

#thxpubs.

And some writers have said that Lamar was one of the few decent and thoughtful "moderates" left in the Senate. LOL. The GOP has gone from "he didn't do it and there was no quid pro quo" to "of course he did everything he's accused of, but it doesn't warrant removal from office because we say so because we're scared shitless of retaliation from Trump and his (our) cult base." Oh, and "look over here at the corrupt Bidens!" and "the Constitution actually says the president can do anything he wants, but don't worry because us letting him off the hook won't just make him even worse and even more lawless." Not exactly a surprise, but still a dark time for democracy and the rule of law nonetheless.

Last edited:
Back