• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Donald Impeachment

i don't think anyone is impressed beyond "wow, a guy making a rational decision"

Pretty sad state of affairs really. Only one GOP senator turns down the bribes and goes along with the obvious guilty verdict on Trump's abuse of power and the whole world acts like it's some kind of huge deal.

If Mittens can lead 1 or 2 senators to uphold their oath, I will feel better about his ability to lead the country for sure. I never felt Mittens was a bad person. I always believed he was a very good person. I just disagreed with his politics. We used to be able to do that.

Fucking Moscow up here talking about the Democrats wanting to change the norms of the vaunted institution of the Senate. The phrase "this fucking guy" has never more clearly referred to someone.

Can't believe I'm responding to this...

You do understand that the political climate has changed DRASTICALLY in the past eight years, but particularly the last four, right? The standard for an acceptable-to-good politician has basically been shifted to "not a total garbage person". Romney is trying to stake a claim as a reasonable conservative, and he may be the only person in America whose base constituency is even more loyal than Trump's, so he does not have the same fear as others. Good on him for making a stand, but trying to compare criticisms from 2012 to praise from 2020 is a fool's errand.

I'm proud of Mittens because of the current landscape. It does stand out. We can debate the merits of whether or not should, but it does. He's also smart enough to know that it won't really matter. The votes weren't there. Others lacked the courage. He can keep his legacy intact. His seat in Utah is likely safe regardless. He's putting some chips down on more shit in trump's closet. Probably a safe bet. There's nothing there that will shake his cult-like base though. IF something does put a dent in that armor, Mittens looks pretty good headed into 2024.

didn't realize Romney is the only senator ever to break ranks with his party on a conviction vote

Let's say Bernie's the nominee- who's more likely to beat him- Trump or Romney?

It’s weird that conservatives would be so quick to comment on liberal hypocrites supporting Romney when they know their mother fucker is going to throw such a tantrum shit posting Mittens on twitter til 3am.

If Mittens can lead 1 or 2 senators to uphold their oath, I will feel better about his ability to lead the country for sure. I never felt Mittens was a bad person. I always believed he was a very good person. I just disagreed with his politics. We used to be able to do that.

It's becoming clearer that Republicans felt they had to nominate decent moral people after Bush but after they both lost to Obama (and they got a taste of Palin and Ryan's nonsense), they were like "Fuck it" and voted for the asshole who appealed to their base instincts.

Have your feelings about Mittens changed since 2012? Don Jr. wants to kick him out of the GOP.

If only we knew how low the GOP would go back in 2012, maybe we would have been a little kinder to Mitt.

It’s weird that conservatives would be so quick to comment on liberal hypocrites supporting Romney when they know their mother fucker is going to throw such a tantrum shit posting Mittens on twitter til 3am.

Seriously. Not surprised that the dumbest person on the boards doesn't understand that things change. Republicans are going to hate Romney a whole lot more than Democrats will love him. Mitt's own niece basically disowned him on Twitter because she serves Trump.

Jr wants to get in a character pissing match with Mittens. I’m not sure I would choose Romney for that comparison, to each their own.

I'm feeling a little bad right now for being so upset about him tying his dog to the roof of the car.

Good on him for having the conviction for casting a symbolic vote when he could've stepped forward and led more of a revolt as the face of Republicans post-Trump.

Back