• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Donald Impeachment

Does anyone think that any president would ever be found guilty in an impeachment trial? I can't imagine a Senate makeup where you'd ever get 2/3rds. Nixon probably would have been acquitted, right? Going forward, I can't fathom 2/3 of the Senate agreeing on anything of consequence.

Does anyone think that any president would ever be found guilty in an impeachment trial? I can't imagine a Senate makeup where you'd ever get 2/3rds. Nixon probably would have been acquitted, right? Going forward, I can't fathom 2/3 of the Senate agreeing on anything of consequence.

Pretty sure Nixon resigned because the GOP senate leader came to him and said there were enough votes to convict. So rather than be convicted, he resigned.

Nixon resigned because he was informed by the Republican leadership that the Senate would convict him.

Probably one of the best things he’s ever said. Doubt he understands what he means by it though.

Lots and lots of projection in that speech. His supporters will eat it up though, and believe that it's the Democrats who are to blame for being divisive.

Nixon was guilty of cheating in an election with Americans. The Republicans stood up and said "no way."

Trump is guilty of cheating in TWO elections. He's admitted it. His staff has admitted it. His lawyers admitted it "let the election <cough he's cheating in cough> decide." His lawyers have made campaign contributions <cough bribe cough> to senate - jurors. The republicans of today* stood up and proclaimed "sure he did it but it's not too bad. I need his support to keep my job."

*credit where it's due to Romney.

Didn’t Collins say something about praying for Trump?

Stephanie Grisham utterly sucks. She's constantly throwing out barbs about how dishonest the media is but doesn't have the courage to face them, rather she issues statements, or, better yet, goes on Fox.

It won't happen but if Romney was truly answering to his oath or office and his higher power he would actively campaign against trump since he deserved to be removed from office and all.

It won't happen but if Romney was truly answering to his oath or office and his higher power he would actively campaign against trump since he deserved to be removed from office and all.

He would get his ass handed to him on a platter.

Back