• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Donald Impeachment

I highly recommend everyone take 15 minutes tonight to read Taylor’s opening statement. He lays out the entire scandal very clearly and very explicitly.

Our national security, our democracy and the lives of Ukrainians were used as a bargaining chip for Trump to gain an advantage in the 2020 election.

Trump should be impeached and removed from office immediately. He arguably should also be charged with extortion.

Republican senators need to get together and vote Trump out as soon as the House impeaches him. After seeing what Taylor reported Sondland saying and more, it would be astonishing if the same thing wasn't happening in country after country.

Other events are extremely likely to come out. If they don't get rid of Trump and they do, even some "safe" Senate seats could be jeopardy. Some could be seen as covering for him. Others could be seen as being weak and dishonest.

I highly recommend everyone take 15 minutes tonight to read Taylor’s opening statement. He lays out the entire scandal very clearly and very explicitly.

Our national security, our democracy and the lives of Ukrainians were used as a bargaining chip for Trump to gain an advantage in the 2020 election.

Trump should be impeached and removed from office immediately. He arguably should also be charged with extortion.

I've read Taylor's opening statement. If you think you should impeach Trump on information like that, go right ahead. See what happens.

I've read Taylor's opening statement. If you think you should impeach Trump on information like that, go right ahead. See what happens.

Please elaborate.

And please spare us your usual deflection including “you should read it”, “if you can’t see it, then I can’t help you”, etc.

John Kasich positioned himself as more fiscally conservative, but he's only succeeded in that because the rest of the GOP is so insane, and he's less loony by comparison. The truth is that Kasich seriously curtailed abortion rights in Ohio while he was governor. He just did it quietly rather than talking about it all the time.

You can be an honest, informed, and thoughtful person and come to different positions than other honest, informed, and thoughtful people.

For example, I disagree with Kasich on many things, including abortion, but I do believe that his positions are come to sincerely, which cannot be said for Trump's positions on pretty much any topic.

To clarify, are you saying that what was contained in the Taylor statement should not lead to impeachment (personal opinion on wrongdoing) or that the statement won’t move the senate to convict (prediction of outcome)?

Please elaborate.

And please spare us your usual deflection including “you should read it”, “if you can’t see it, then I can’t help you”, etc.

There are no crimes in that statement, much less proof that Trump committed any.

You, of all people, who has spent the last few years wailing and caterwauling about possible foreign interference in our elections should be demanding an explanation of how Ukraine tried to interfere in the US 2016 presidential election.

There are no crimes in that statement, much less proof that Trump committed any.

You, of all people, who has spent the last few years wailing and caterwauling about possible foreign interference in our elections should be demanding an explanation of how Ukraine tried to interfere in the US 2016 presidential election.

lol what

Back