• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Donald Impeachment

I tend to think we have finally reached a tipping point. Too many creditable impartial sources that can't be discredited. Trump is gonna be impeached no doubt. Congressional & Senate Pubs are gonna have to decide how they are going to line up behind this POS. I see no way the Senate votes him out, but Don is going to be badly damaged going forth in 2020 as will some Pub senators in swing states if they vote to keep him (McSally, Gardner, Collins, Tillis, Ernst, & maybe Daines).

I don't believe we've reached a tipping point. At least not until Fox and some Pub pols begin to turn on Trump. Pols like Romney and Sasse say they're concerned, but that's as far as they're going currently. And now that Shep Smith is gone, is anyone other than Chris Wallace at Fox reporting information damaging to Trump? His approval ratings are still pretty steady, and he unfortunately has a decent shot at being reelected next year.

What scares me moving forward is what Fox and candidates like Trump and Palin have done with the Pub electorate. Post Trump, they're not going to nominate a Romney or Sasse or even a Cruz. That electorate will be in search of another demagogue, like say Palin or Hannity.

There is no tipping point for the cowardly, un-American Senate Republicans. They are deathly afraid of the Oompa-loompa-in-Chief.

What scares me moving forward is what Fox and candidates like Trump and Palin have done with the Pub electorate. Post Trump, they're not going to nominate a Romney or Sasse or even a Cruz. That electorate will be in search of another demagogue, like say Palin or Hannity.

ultimately this is my concern as well. Republican are bringing out candidates that are really not bright, have no idea what they are doing and have no business in politics. This is a real concern as they are being attracted to these types of candidates. What does that mean for the future, IDK but it is a concerning turn of events. Is this due to Fox?

So conservatives are now in the process of smearing a highly decorated Purple Heart recipient Director of European Affairs for the National Security Council... to own the libs??

So conservatives are now in the process of smearing a highly decorated Purple Heart recipient Director of European Affairs for the National Security Council... to own the libs??

Owning the libs is their main reason for existence now. I read an article recently about how concerned Democrats are that Wisconsin might vote for Trump again in 2020, because of Trump's phenomenal popularity in the state's small towns and cities and rural areas. Some country dude in the article just went on a rant about how much all of the "snobs" in Milwaukee and Madison look down on people like him in the state's rural areas, and called them bumpkins and idiots and worse, and as long as the urban elites kept looking down on people like him they would continue to lose elections. That's what it's all about for these folks, and that's what gets them fired up. Not foreign interference in our elections, not incredible corruption and nepotism by the Trumps and their GOP cronies, not the trade war that's killing farmers in Wisconsin, or all of Trump's antics. No, it's their pure hatred for college-educated people who live in cities and suburbs, and who Fox News and their facebook feed says are out to destroy them. Well, that and fear of minorities and changing demographics. Beating liberals and rubbing their noses in it is all they've got, and to that end they'll gladly attack this decorated military vet, or anyone else who isn't openly a member of the cult.

Last edited:
They’re going to vote for Trump to own the coastal elites. Donald Trump who has been the most famous coastal elite of my lifetime. People look down on those people because they’re dumb.

So what is the Republican play on the Thursday vote? They claim they’ve been calling for this vote because the process was wrong. They aren’t denying the facts that have come out. So do they vote to conduct a “proper” inquiry and continue learning the facts? Or do they vote against the process they claim they wanted and stop the inquiry even after all we’ve learned?

Last edited:
They’re going to vote for Trump to own the coastal elites. Donald Trump who has been the most famous coastal elite of my lifetime. People look down on those people because they’re dumb.

So what is the Republican play on the Thursday vote? They claim they’ve been calling for this vote because the process was wrong. They aren’t denying the facts that have come out. So do they vote to conduct a “proper” inquiry and continue learning the facts? Or do they vote against the process they claim they wanted and stop the inquiry even after all we’ve learned?

No chance they vote for it. It’s a rigged witch hunt. The rubes will not tolerate compliance.

It's also a campaign finance violation for soliciting for anything of value from a foreign person, entity or government. You don't even need to get what you are asking for. It's felony to ask.

There is nothing in the Constitution requiring "high crimes and misdemeanors" to include violation of a criminal statute. The Founders clearly did not see it as such, rather, they expressed impeachment as a remedy to bad conduct in office which amounts to the violation of a public trust. See Federalist No. 65, for example. The Ukraine situation involves a President using his personal attorney to undermine the diplomatic efforts of his own executive branch professionals, and simultaneously abusing his executive power to withhold duly appropriated funds to support his extraordinary "diplomatic" efforts. Sounds like a violation of a public trust to me - at the very least, there is certainly enough there to get an indictment.

It's also a campaign finance violation for soliciting for anything of value from a foreign person, entity or government. You don't even need to get what you are asking for. It's felony to ask.

Have the courts ruled that information or actions are considered to have “value”?

Back