• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Donald Impeachment

White House delayed Ukraine trade decision in August, a signal that U.S. suspension of cooperation extended beyond security funds

The White House’s trade representative in late August withdrew a recommendation to restore some of Ukraine’s trade privileges after John Bolton, then-national security adviser, warned him that President Trump probably would oppose any action that benefited the government in Kyiv, according to people briefed on the matter.

The warning to Robert E. Lighthizer came as Trump was withholding $391 million in military aid and security assistance from Ukraine. House Democrats have launched an impeachment inquiry into allegations that the president did so to pressure Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky to investigate the business activities of former vice president Joe Biden’s son Hunter Biden. As part of the inquiry, lawmakers are closely scrutinizing the White House’s actions between July and September.

The administration now plans to include the restoration of some of Ukraine’s suspended privileges in a package of trade measures slated for release this month, a person briefed on the planning said.

74601278_741115113024547_7355429285957468160_o.png

Man if Trump injected Biden into China trade talks I gotta think it would be lights out. Giving military aid to Ukraine is pretty out of sight to most folks but the trade war has tangible impact to everyone. God I hope that’s in a transcript somewhere.

lol

They were definitely looking to play the victims

That's exactly what their base identifies with. "Look at all those poor rich powerful white men being arrested and harassed by those wicked LibDems! People like us don't have no rights anymore!"

So much for the illusion held by some that the GOP might just actually turn on Trump. Congressional Republicans are apparently so dissatisfied with the Trump White House handling of the GOP "messaging" on the impeachment hearings that they are taking it over. So Congressional Republicans, far from turning on Trump, are now leading the planning to try and save him. What's funny is even they admit that Trump has been incompetent in handling the messaging, but they're going to defend him anyway. He owns them, body and soul.

Link: https://www.cnn.com/2019/10/24/politics/gop-sharpens-impeachment-defense/index.html

When the facts are not on your side you can’t hide behind the facts. When the law is not on your side you can’t hide behind the law. When the process is not on your side you can’t hide behind the process (although that illegal stunt crudely tried to do it). So now they’re reduced to trashing career diplomats.

Also the quote from that article is telling. “No one has cracked publically!” It’s their only hope. Stick together like a phalanx otherwise they’re fucked. They’re the 300 Spartans trying to face down an enormous Persian army of facts, integrity and civility.

So much for the illusion held by some that the GOP might just actually turn on Trump. Congressional Republicans are apparently so dissatisfied with the Trump White House handling of the GOP "messaging" on the impeachment hearings that they are taking it over. So Congressional Republicans, far from turning on Trump, are now leading the planning to try and save him. What's funny is even they admit that Trump has been incompetent in handling the messaging, but they're going to defend him anyway. He owns them, body and soul.

Link: https://www.cnn.com/2019/10/24/politics/gop-sharpens-impeachment-defense/index.html

Again, they're just representing their base. A swath of people elected these morons, because they hold their moronic views. It's the same people that were referenced in that video you talked about in the other thread with the state fair interviewees.

Trump is a symptom, not the disease. I'm worried the dems are doing exactly what they did to lose the 2016 election: Treating it as if Donald Trump and his cronies are the problem instead of talking to the people.

Last edited:
Again, they're just representing their base. A swath of people elected these morons, because they hold their moronic views. It's the same people that were referenced in that video you talked about in the other thread about the state fair interviewees.

Trump is a symptom, not the disease. I'm worried the dems are doing exactly what they did to lose the 2016 election: Treating it as if Donald Trump and his cronies are the problem instead of talking to the people.

Which people?

Which people?

Essentially Fox News watchers and people who listen to that sort of messaging. I have no idea how we win them back, but simply attacking their representatives (whether it's at the local, state or national level) and calling them idiots is exactly what Hillary did and it didn't work.

I want to dismiss them as much as anyone, but I'm saying, from an election/political standpoint, you can't really do that...Well, maybe the ones in Mississippi, but if we want to win the battleground states back, we have to do SOMETHING that appeals to them.

(Perhaps this post should go on the Dem nominees thread)

Last edited:
Essentially Fox News watchers and people who listen to that sort of messaging. I have no idea how we win them back, but simply attacking their representatives (whether it's at the local, state or national level) and calling them idiots is exactly what Hillary did and it didn't work.

I want to dismiss them as much as anyone, but I'm saying, from an election/political standpoint, you can't really do that...Well, maybe the ones in Mississippi, but if we want to win the battleground states back, we have to do SOMETHING that appeals to them.

(Perhaps this post should go on the Dem nominees thread)

Talk to them about what? I think it would be effective for Dems to launch digital campaigns hitting Trump supporters with truth bombs to discourage 1-2% of the from voting for Trump. But I’m not if candidates talking to them directly will work.

DC court ruled that the Mueller Grand Jury materials should be given to House,

Back