• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Donald Impeachment

[h=1]Mike Pompeo and Jim Jordan’s Astounding Hypocrisy[/h][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]When we were investigating Benghazi, we would have moved to impeach if armed with such clear evidence.[/FONT]
OCT 23, 2019 Kurt Bardella
Senior adviser for the House Oversight and Reform Committee from 2009 to 2013

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/a...ers-now-approached-benghazi-back-then/600556/

[FONT=&quot]As I read through Taylor’s statement, which was given under oath, I couldn’t help but think to myself how my former Republican colleagues would have reacted if similar testimony had been given by a career diplomat during the Obama administration, especially during the Benghazi investigation, which produced [/FONT]33 hearings[FONT=&quot] in two years.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]In June 2016, Representatives Jim Jordan and Mike Pompeo—yes, the same Jim Jordan who is now the ranking member of the House Oversight Committee and the same Mike Pompeo who is now the secretary of state—[/FONT]declared that[FONT=&quot] “it is our belief that many of [the Benghazi] failures were the result of the administration’s obsession with preserving a political narrative.”

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]The reality is that if Pompeo, Jordan, and House Republicans had received the kind of bombshell testimony we heard from Taylor yesterday, they would have immediately moved to impeach the president.[/FONT][FONT=&quot]In a blatant display of hypocrisy, Pompeo has refused to cooperate with Congress’s impeachment investigation and has blocked other State Department officials from testifying. Jordan has spent his time attacking the impeachment proceedings, bizarrely suggesting that the Democrats have something to hide.[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Of course, when they were investigating Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton, Pompeo and Jordan made “note of the disappointing fact that the administration did not cooperate with our committee’s investigation from the very beginning. In fact, they obstructed our work from day one.”
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][/FONT]

[/FONT]

In response to Matt Whitaker.

Let's check in with Alexander Hamilton in Federalist 65:

A well-constituted court for the trial of impeachments is an object not more to be desired than difficult to be obtained in a government wholly elective. The subjects of its jurisdiction are those offenses which proceed from the misconduct of public men, or, in other words, from the abuse or violation of some public trust. They are of a nature which may with peculiar propriety be denominated POLITICAL, as they relate chiefly to injuries done immediately to the society itself.

Here's Hamilton, an advocate for a strong federal executive, explicitly saying that impeachment is a remedy for abuse of power. It is a political process for political offenses. No specific criminal or civil offense is necessary, although Trump may have committed campaign finance violations and broken the law when he held up military aid for Ukraine that had been passed by both houses of Congress.

https://www.esquire.com/news-politi...Hv8HmAKmzIIqp70sV5-ftcgJBKeGtIfTX-Q8hryojRRs0

Federalist 65

Pretty disappointed in NPRs coverage this morning of the Republican stunt protest of the impeachment inquiry yesterday. They kept saying things like “Democrats are gathering evidence behind closed doors” and “Democrats insist on holding these depositions in private” completely failing to note that many Republicans sit on these committees and are already attending these meeting. The so called librul media played right into the Republican narrative.

This is getting pretty nuts, and I am an ocean away. But SCIF's are big deals, seriously you do not bring electronics into them, usually they are vaults. 45 republicans are in there for these depositions, they are not secretive. This is akin to a Grand Jury testimony, its the same thing, stop acting like its a gulag. Why are people not getting arrested for these stunts?

I got nothing, im exhausted and I dont even live in DC anymore. Someone tell me im not crazy.

Arresting these idiots would only feed the conspiracy theories.

Pretty disappointed in NPRs coverage this morning of the Republican stunt protest of the impeachment inquiry yesterday. They kept saying things like “Democrats are gathering evidence behind closed doors” and “Democrats insist on holding these depositions in private” completely failing to note that many Republicans sit on these committees and are already attending these meeting. The so called librul media played right into the Republican narrative.

Very disappointing. The reporting gave the impression that the Republicans had some right to barge into the meeting.

MLB umpire not gonna take this shit lying down.

Just a reminder that if only one side is talking about "Civil War," that's terrorism.

For this reason I understand why the Dems didn't want to get to aggressive removing the Republicans from the room. The framing and coverage, even from non-right wing media, would have been terrible.

Don’t even need to look to know it’s Mark Meadows.

I thought Meadows was supposed to be in the testimonies already. saw him give a quote the other day walking out saying he'd been in there 10 hours and he saw no quid pro quo. but I could see him sitting out and storming in yesterday.

Back