• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Donald Trump and the GOP, I Want my Party Back

Also by ending all deductions, the value of homes would take immediately. Millions of families would have to sell their homes for losses. Millions of kids wouldn't be able to continue or go to college without even more debt. Hundreds of thousands or more small businesses will not be able to be funded.

Like most RW bumper sticker designed policies, ending all deductions would be a disaster to American families and the economy.

Damn. I hope we don't end deductions. That would be worse than the housing collapse. It could be the end of Western civilization.

Damn pubs trying to help ISIS destroy the whole country.

Also by ending all deductions, the value of homes would take immediately. Millions of families would have to sell their homes for losses. Millions of kids wouldn't be able to continue or go to college without even more debt. Hundreds of thousands or more small businesses will not be able to be funded.

Like most RW bumper sticker designed policies, ending all deductions would be a disaster to American families and the economy.

What does this sentence mean, RJ?

BKF freaking out about RJ's typing never gets old. At all.

Goddamn, Sig, it's not just typing. The guy has 47,000 posts and you have to interpolate what he is trying to say in about half of them. If a guy has the time to make 47,000 posts, he has the goddamned time to post in a manner so that all the other posters don't have to read his 47,000 posts two or three times to try to figure out what the hell he is trying to say.

What does this sentence mean, RJ?

You realize this would cause massive financial distress/bankruptcy among our poorest?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Also by ending all deductions, the value of homes would tank immediately. Millions of families would have to sell their homes for losses. Millions of kids wouldn't be able to continue or go to college without even more debt. Hundreds of thousands or more small businesses will not be able to be funded.

"Quote Originally Posted by knowell View Post
Do you, like RJ, also believe that lowering the tax rate causes corporations to cut jobs?"

I NEVER said anything like this. As usual, Knowell is trolling and lying.

What I did say was the last time there was a "tax holiday" jobs were lost and promises of what corporations were going to do with the money were broken.

I mean you did imply that there was a direct correlation to job cuts, and the tax holiday whether it was intentional or not.

I mean you did imply that there was a direct correlation to job cuts, and the tax holiday whether it was intentional or not.

Because of posts like this, I don't infer. I say things right out front. Take a look at my statement about ending deductions. I didn't "infer" that housing prices would tank. I said it directly.

What I said was the companies the money promising new jobs and cut jobs. That's simply a statement of fact. I even used a Wall Street Journal article that had stats as proof.

Don't extrapolate what you want me to say of think I said. I'll say it.

Also by ending all deductions, the value of homes would tank immediately. Millions of families would have to sell their homes for losses. Millions of kids wouldn't be able to continue or go to college without even more debt. Hundreds of thousands or more small businesses will not be able to be funded.

No they wouldn't! Civilization did not end when deductions for credit card and car loan interest ended a few years ago! Car sales have adjusted. The housing market crashed in 2008 because of bad stacking of credit tranches and many years of bad Republican & Democratic laws. They should have just passed the laws then for no housing interest deductions and let the market fall all the way and build back up from total bottom. People need to buy what they can afford, just like buying cars--not what they want--over stretching to 125% upside down on cars or 7 year car loans which they are getting back to! We finance them for people in our office and they come with "gap insurance" because of all the long loan periods. America's economy will adjust. Get rid of all the deductions and get closer to a flat tax so all the people have skin in the game!

You can't compare credit card debt to housing debt. It's ludicrous to even try. It shows a glaring lack of understanding of how our economy works.

2016 American Household Credit Card Debt Study
Total owed by average U.S. household carrying this type of debt Total debt owed by U.S. consumers
Credit cards $16,061 $747 billion
Mortgages $172,806 $8.35 trillion
Auto loans $28,535 $1.14 trillion

Right now a single person making 50K will have approximately $10K of income tax free, $10K at 10% and the rest at 15%, so the effective federal rate is about 10%.

A married couple would be around 6.6%.

You would have to have a 4 or 5 person household getting by on 50K before they wouldn't pay any federal income taxes

That assumes no itemized deductions, which I can't imagine a household of that low of an income level meeting.

Because of posts like this, I don't infer. I say things right out front. Take a look at my statement about ending deductions. I didn't "infer" that housing prices would tank. I said it directly.

What I said was the companies the money promising new jobs and cut jobs. That's simply a statement of fact. I even used a Wall Street Journal article that had stats as proof.

Actually you imply, he infers.

The hits just keep on coming. What the hell does that one mean?

It may be a statement of fact to you, but I have no idea what you are trying to say.

So he leaves out and/or misspells a word every now and then. A prolific poster like RJ doesn't have time to revisit all of his posts for you noobs to understand them.

The hits just keep on coming. What the hell does that one mean?

It may be a statement of fact to you, but I have no idea what you are trying to say.

Then you are a fricking moron.

The companies that GOT money - which was outlined earlier.

And on the flip side millions of families would be able to afford homes that previously couldn't. It'd hurt some, help others, and in the long run reduce costs for everyone.

Dude, just take an extra couple of seconds and read what you've written before posting. This is just stream of consciousness drivel. Not a particularly useful communications style when writing in hope that others will understand.

And on the flip side millions of families would be able to afford homes that previously couldn't. It'd hurt some, help others, and in the long run reduce costs for everyone.

But you have to balance that against the destruction of the entire western civilization that would happen when we end deductions.

Why would families be able to afford homes if there is no income deduction? It would take more income to qualify.

Back