• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Don't blame the messenger! - Marc with a C saying Buzz is Back!

DeacDude

Reaction score
just heard on FNZ from Marc with a C. I know he gets no love from most of us but - at 3:05 he claimed that Bzz was coming back like it or not. Hopefully , he's badly misinformed. Does anyone have any insight? Please tell me he's way off here......

posted on the 610 am thread.
Around 2:20 today, Marc James on 610 said the win was a double-edged sword for Wake fans. He said Bz was definitely coming back, and even said he was probably back for another year even before the win, but now it was a sure thing. He was in the process of listing topics for callers to call in and discuss (ACCPOY: Paige or Jabari, Bobcats thrashing Pacers, etc.) so he immediately gave the phone number. I started to dial in, but realized that is exactly what hacks/trolls like him want: make an outrageous comment to generate hits, views, listeners, etc., so I put down the phone and changed channels.

someone-on-the-internet-is-wrong.jpg

I didn't think his show came on until 3:00. I was hoping for national sports talk.

Despite any reports of inside, guaranteed info - we won't know until we know.
I want him gone as much as anyone else, but I feel nothing is a done deal at this point.
After last night's win here is how I see it:

Win next TWO = may be back
Win next 3 = probably back
Win > 3 = definitely back
anything less = GTFO is public within 24 hours

Can we please stop starting threads about what the latest social misfit said on the radio?

For real.

There's no way in fuck this guy has any inside insight

He's gone. What a bunch of baseless drivel.

Originally Posted by bigdoublezero

"A friend of mine busses tables at BLL Rotisserie Factory and overheard Buzz tell Odom that Wellman guaranteed him another year to turn things around."

I have been saying all along until Wellman is gone, Bz may indeed get another opp to turn things around...Several years back when Wellman had his bike accident it did something to his cognitive reasoning. Expect the unexpected as many on these boards are like children @ Christmas, hoping for a gift that they may possibly not receive...

We aren't beating Miami down there. Since game one will be against a weak opponent winning one is a possibility. After that we're done. I'll say 1-2 from this point on, based on your formula - he gone.
I want him gone as much as anyone else, but I feel nothing is a done deal at this point.

Marc with a C?

What kind of stupid ass nickname is that?

This is just dumb. One additional win this year would justify keeping him? Stupid. Anything short of NIT in YEAR 4 is utter failure (and lol at NIT in Year 4 being an objective in the first place, but hey that's how far expectations have fallen during the era of unwiped ass). We probably won't make the NIT unless we make it to the championship game on Sunday. Ron is an arrogant bastard, but this year's different for him I think. He'll look at the full body of work, as well as the influx of money going into a re-energized football program, and realize it's time to move on from this disaster.

Last edited:
Although I must say, him doing the radio shows terrifies the shit outta me.

Although I must say, him doing the radio shows terrifies the shit outta me.
He's just trying to leave with a little grace and dignity. And I must say, he did come across as pretty stand-up and candid in that interview.

He's just trying to leave with a little grace and dignity. And I must say, he did come across as pretty stand-up and candid in that interview.

ahhh, fuck it; let's just give the schmuck one more year to turn it around.

This is just dumb. One additional win this year would justify keeping him? Stupid. Anything short of NIT in YEAR 4 is utter failure (and lol at NIT in Year 4 being an objective in the first place, but hey that's how far expectations have fallen during the era of unwiped ass). We won't make the NIT unless we probably make it to the championship game on Sunday. Ron is an arrogant bastard, but this year's different for him I think. He'll look at the full body of work, as well as the influx of money going into a re-energized football program, and realize it's time to move on from this disaster.

Awfully generous considering NCAAT was where Skip and Dino had us. But other than that... yup.

Marc with a "C" James is the last person I would think had any kind of inside knowledge about us. He is a joke of radio show host and that show is complete garbage since Taylor wisely left for better things.

Remember that even with last night's victory, this is what we're evaluating:

8-24 (1-15)
13-18 (4-12)
13-18 (6-12)
16-14 (6-11)

I'm sorry, but this has just got to stop.

Back