• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Don't Ever Forget ...

AlphaDeac

Reaction score
Ron Wellman, August,2013 ...

"Our football program was poised last year to return to the competitive level that we all desire ... We anticipate returning to championship contention this year."

"Our football team will be a much better team this year. Jim and his staff know what it takes to contend for and win championships. They have demonstrated that throughout their tenure with us. We expect to return to that level this year. We have really good players returning. This club has a good number of fourth and fifth-year players which is the hallmark of Jim’s most successful teams. We also have 15 starters returning from last year. Our fans will see a team that will return to the style of play that Jim used when he first came to Wake Forest. We will be a very physical team that emphasizes the running game more than we have done in the last few years. As our fans will remember, our rushing game is very exciting ... It will be fun to watch...and will produce a season that our fans will enjoy."

Ron Wellman, August,2013 ...

"Our football program was poised last year to return to the competitive level that we all desire ... We anticipate returning to championship contention this year."

"Our football team will be a much better team this year. Jim and his staff know what it takes to contend for and win championships. They have demonstrated that throughout their tenure with us. We expect to return to that level this year. We have really good players returning. This club has a good number of fourth and fifth-year players which is the hallmark of Jim’s most successful teams. We also have 15 starters returning from last year. Our fans will see a team that will return to the style of play that Jim used when he first came to Wake Forest. We will be a very physical team that emphasizes the running game more than we have done in the last few years. As our fans will remember, our rushing game is very exciting ... It will be fun to watch...and will produce a season that our fans will enjoy."

He will use the same speech next season

So much propaganda, rhetoric and empty promises.

Last edited:
Looking forward to what he has to say about next season. Unless he brings in a completely new coaching staff, I'm not sure there are any empty promises he has to go on.

Since i have dual citizenship with Canada, I feel like I should be the one doing the fake bomb threat ....

07-minister.jpg

Got some very interesting info from a BOT member who was sitting behind me. She told me they are putting heavy pressure on Senior Hatch to fire Wellman.

Got some very interesting info from a BOT member who was sitting behind me. She told me they are putting heavy pressure on Senior Hatch to fire Wellman.

Why do you tease us like this???

Oh boy, I just got giggity.

Yes, yes, keep going...

I told her about the Casstevens billboard and the approach to go after him from that angle. She said that was the best move we could make. She said he is a black eye for the school!

I told her about the Casstevens billboard and the approach to go after him from that angle. She said that was the best move we could make. She said he is a black eye for the school!

So wait if she is a BOT member and other members are displeased, why doesn't SHE do anything? Why is it up to the fans/alums? That seems backwards.

So wait if she is a BOT member and other members are displeased, why doesn't SHE do anything? Why is it up to the fans/alums? That seems backwards.

I'm about 97% sure he's entirely making this up.

Back