• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Doral Moore

Doral had 16 and 16, on 7-9 shooting, with two blocks. What a line. Too bad we don't have a PF.

Wait, is it bad that all the front court players not named Doral Moore combined to shoot 0% and totaled 1 point in 26 minutes?

Wait, is it bad that all the front court players not named Doral Moore combined to shoot 0% and totaled 1 point in 26 minutes?
Obviously the lack of production from this position is our biggest issue offensively. It wouldn't be a so bad if our power forwards played respectable defense or rebounded? I am not a favorite of the four guard offense, but what choice does he have. I guess we can play brown and Mitchell at the four. I do think we will be vastly improved next year with Hoard and a stronger and improved Saar at the 4 next year. Mucius and Mitchell and Okeke should be able to provide some minutes at the 4 as well.

How good is Doral in front of the microphone? I've heard the guy give an interview. I get the impression he's really shy. A gentle giant.

Doral is 2nd in the ACC in Rbs and 4 in blocks in ACC play.

Doral is 2nd in the ACC in Rbs and 4 in blocks in ACC play.

The rebounding is particularly impressive. Some people knock him offensively for just getting oops and being taller than others (I disagree with that) but he's clearly rebounding balls that are not just where he is standing this year. He's covering more ground.

The rebounding is particularly impressive. Some people knock him offensively for just getting oops and being taller than others (I disagree with that) but he's clearly rebounding balls that are not just where he is standing this year. He's covering more ground.

Plus, he's mixing it up/playing more physical than in the past. Part of that I'm sure is just being stronger, but he also seems to have a better attitude. Even when things don't go his way, he keeps battling. In the past, it seemed like he would give up a little bit, when hit with some adversity (fouls, missed shots, getting scored on, etc.) or when things got physical in the post.

I am still watching these games. And Doral Moore is probably the main reason why.

Really pulling for this kid.

He tries so hard and now seeing real results.

Another year of strength and conditioning, refining his game under DM and improvement on free throws and he could have a great year next year and decent pro future.

Obviously FT needs to improve but he'd be All-ACC if he could post up better and setting effective picks wouldn't hurt either. Love the kid

When Doral opened the year with 4 boards and 2 points against powerhouse Georgia Southern who doesn't have a center, I would never have thought he'd put up 9 consecutive double-digit rebounding ACC games with 6 of them being double-doubles.

His free throw shooting getting worse and worse would be a big problem if we were ever up late in close games, but hopefully that comes around next year along with his game conditioning. His improvement has been dramatic.

Doral is finally playing to his size. He actually has decent touch on his free throws and his mechanics are ok, but it's like he panics, and moves all over the place. That was pathetic last night. When he relaxes he can shoot.

Especially since his hands often appear to be, let's say, anti-soft? It's impressive that he's built such studly stats so quietly.

So much of classic big man development track is foundational, with offense developing later. I'm hopeful that next year Doral becomes an offensive force.

Obviously FT needs to improve but he'd be All-ACC if he could post up better and setting effective picks wouldn't hurt either. Love the kid

So, will he get any dap at any All-ACC level this year? I mean, he's averaging a double-double or close to it. Honorable Mention? Most improved, maybe?

But Danny has had nothing to do with Doral's massive improvement. That's what many of you say.

RE: His hands - Throughout the season, he has made tremendous progress on this. It wasn't that he had bad hands earlier. It was that his hands were terribly weak causing him to lose rebounds and loose balls. Since about Xmas, he has improved dramatically. From little things like grabbing the ball and keeping above his head to little things like swiveling hips and shoulders to keep opponents at a distance. Not losing the ball as often as he used seems to have grown his confidence a lot.

But Danny has had nothing to do with Doral's massive improvement. That's what many of you say.

RE: His hands - Throughout the season, he has made tremendous progress on this. It wasn't that he had bad hands earlier. It was that his hands were terribly weak causing him to lose rebounds and loose balls. Since about Xmas, he has improved dramatically. From little things like grabbing the ball and keeping above his head to little things like swiveling hips and shoulders to keep opponents at a distance. Not losing the ball as often as he used seems to have grown his confidence a lot.

Yep, agree with this. Danny has done a tremendous job with Doral. Doral will make some money playing ball but really needs one more year. We will be VERY glad to have him next season.

Yep, agree with this. Danny has done a tremendous job with Doral. Doral will make some money playing ball but really needs one more year. We will be VERY glad to have him next season.

Right now Doral might make some money playing overseas or G league. At best he would be a late second round pick, more probably undrafted free agent. Another year of development-improved FT shooting, a little more range on his jumper, continued improvement on the sky hook, more strength, setting better picks and he might work his way to late first round pick.

It isn't likely he'll be an NBA superstar but he could have a long, well paid career as a backup center in the NBA.

Back