• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Dress code violation may prevent teen from participating in graduation..

meh, dress codes are almost uniformly (zing!) prejudice against women

Did Summer receive the written rules of the dress code prior to graduation? If so, she's wrong.

Seems principal approved the jacket yet teacher said to change her clothes. I would have taken her to the lost and found and let her choose from the huge piles of stuff the kids lose all year. Anyone ever visit the lost and found at the end of a school year?

Either way, Summer can move on to college and dress any way she wants.

Meh, her principle/teachers seem like YUGE pricks(Shocker), Summer seems like a chick that is not going to take shit from assholes... good for her.

...Side note, the officer said he would arrest her if she didn't change??? How is that possible?

Yeah, because men can't resist their urges, so women have to curb it for them by not dressing in any revealing manner whatsoever.

Some more of that good ole sexism that seemingly just gets glossed over!

Good move, keep the jail bait in check

Yes, he is serious. There are less requirements for HS boys. The truth is there was nothing wrong with that top. The principal should be suspended or fired.

It seems really strange to me that the principal, who is a female by the way, would have so many problems with a 4.4 GPA student

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

I see both sides and without seeing the shirt in question as it was worn on that day, I'm not going to pass judgment.

That being said she was aware there was a dress code, she allegedly violated it, she should have just changed and addressed the situation in a different way.

Karlllll, that's your opinion. We don't know what was wrong with that too other than whatever the school's graduation dress code said. How is this even news? We don't know why Sunner's been at ODDS with the principal. Maybe SUMMER is a disaster for all we know

Smarter people than me have addressed this issue quite a bit. To whit:

The Sexism of School Dress Codes

Top in question
fb6fa18232e0679c2b1a73de37132e59.jpg

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

Last edited:
The teen vogue article says it was her back

Yeah, because men can't resist their urges, so women have to curb it for them by not dressing in any revealing manner whatsoever.

Some more of that good ole sexism that seemingly just gets glossed over!

Smarter people than me have addressed this issue quite a bit. To whit:

The Sexism of School Dress Codes

Maybe in your lily white utopia. At my school boys get far more shit for wearing solid colored t-shirts or jeans with holes in them.

I generally think dress code rules are lame, but you have to force them universally or you can't enforce them at all.

So schools that require boys to wear pants but girls skirts are not sexist, then

Back