• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Drunk Driver who killed 2 Wake students out of jail

Deac2010

Reaction score
Yes, all were good friends of mine. They were on their way to my house off campus. Worst night of my life.

Last edited:
Knew Maia. Nice girl. One of the hottest women I've ever met.

untitled-177.jpg

Hard to believe it has been 16 years. I remember well how sad and outraged our community was over this.
Senseless and heartbreaking.

I suppose that if his 1997 first degree murder conviction hadn't been overturned in 2003, it would have been easier to convict the doctor who killed the W-S ballerina in North Raleigh accident a couple of years ago.
Ironically both accidents were Wake-connected.

Last edited:
That was a horrible, horrible time. We had been on that road about 5 minutes beforehand. I knew Maia, but not Julie.

Hard to believe it has been 16 years. I remember well how sad and outraged our community was over this.
Senseless and heartbreaking.

Yeah, definitely hard to believe that was 16 years ago. Though related to your point, one of the things that always stuck with me about that incident was how the entire campus was outraged at the accident and literally wanted to lynch the dude, yet the very next weekend kids were talking about how they got hammered and drove to whatever destination. I'm not sure I'd seen, or have seen since then, such blatant hypocrisy on such a wide scale.

Yeah, definitely hard to believe that was 16 years ago. Though related to your point, one of the things that always stuck with me about that incident was how the entire campus was outraged at the accident and literally wanted to lynch the dude, yet the very next weekend kids were talking about how they got hammered and drove to whatever destination. I'm not sure I'd seen, or have seen since then, such blatant hypocrisy on such a wide scale.

Take from that tragedy want you want, but I have never driven nor gotten in the car with a drunk driver since. Changed me forever.

Agreed. I thought there would be much more change in attitudes about drinking and driving than there were. This was right at the beginning of the school year. A good time for people to get their minds right on this issue.

I remember seeing this in the news

Hopefully this guy has his demons worked out and he never gets behind the wheel again.

I have never complained about a single neg rep as I give out plenty. BUT, who is the piece of shit that continues to neg rep me, even on a thread like this? Seriously, on a thread about two of my friends getting murdered? Your pathetic, envious life is worthless. You are a fucking coward. Own up to this asshole.

Thread: Drunk Driver who killed...
u live in new york city, baldie. big fucking sacrifice. now when you blow lines and slam vodka with your wall street boyfriends and hanger on hoes, u can get in a cab or take the subway. boo fucking hoo, baldie. boo fucking hoo

^ it wasn't me, and I think the whole rep system is stupid, but you give out plenty of neg rep but you complain about receiving it?

mentions wall street, being bald (?), and doing coke...i wonder who it could be.

I have never complained about a single neg rep as I give out plenty. BUT, who is the piece of shit that continues to neg rep me, even on a thread like this? Seriously, on a thread about two of my friends getting murdered? Your pathetic, envious life is worthless. You are a fucking coward. Own up to this asshole.

Agree

Back