• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Drunk Driver who killed 2 Wake students out of jail

I have never complained about a single neg rep as I give out plenty. BUT, who is the piece of shit that continues to neg rep me, even on a thread like this? Seriously, on a thread about two of my friends getting murdered? Your pathetic, envious life is worthless. You are a fucking coward. Own up to this asshole.

I'd love to meet these anonymous neg reppers face to face one day, all I'm saying. I think I know some, which is really sad because if they are who I think they are, I was always really nice to them at school. There are some really fucked up losers on this board.

I'd love to meet these anonymous neg reppers face to face one day, all I'm saying. I think I know some, which is really sad because if they are who I think they are, I was always really nice to them at school. There are some really fucked up losers on this board.

And 99lb weaklings, or so I have heard.

Don't you hang with Moonz occasionally? Would be willing to bet he's probably behind aforementioned neg rep.

There's no reason to maintain the anonymity of gable's negrepper

Not trying to incite things cause this issue is always and in this case is going to be touchy but man 16 years seems like a long time to be in jail for that. I know I've driven times when I shouldn't have, as I imagine half of adults have as well.

NYTimes story from 15 years ago:
http://www.nytimes.com/1997/05/06/us/jury-holds-a-drunken-driver-s-life-in-the-balance.html?pagewanted=all&src=pm

For more than 16 years, ever since he lost part of his left leg in a lawn mower accident, Thomas Richard Jones has popped narcotic painkillers like jelly beans. Often he chased the pills down with streams of beer.

Warnings from doctors and his mother did not stop Mr. Jones from mixing the combustible components. Neither did a string of convictions for driving while impaired. Last Sept. 4, his habit turned lethal when Mr. Jones, high on pills and beer, veered his Nissan Altima at 45 miles an hour into the side of an oncoming car. The crash killed two young women -- 19-year-old sorority sisters at Wake Forest University -- and injured four others.

As the penalty phase of the trial began today, Mr. Jones, 39, took the stand and described a life marked by painful injuries, habitual alcoholism, drug addiction and repeated scrapes with the law. He has been arrested three other times and convicted twice on charges of driving while impaired. The third case, in which he almost struck a deputy sheriff's car, is pending. He has also been convicted of drug possession, wife abuse and soliciting a prostitute.

Not trying to incite things cause this issue is always and in this case is going to be touchy but man 16 years seems like a long time to be in jail for that. I know I've driven times when I shouldn't have, as I imagine half of adults have as well.

Dude was a straight up addict and habitually in trouble with the law. 16 years isn't long enough IMO.

Last edited:
How was the doctor who killed the ballerina in Raleigh Wake related? I'm an attorney in Raleigh and followed the case. Just wondering.

Dude was a straight up addict and habitually in trouble with the law. 16 years isn't long enough IMO.

16 years is enough for a junkie to get rehabilitated for being a drunk and pill popper. If we think it should be much longer I'd say just support the dealth penalty in such cases opposed to keeping the guy in prison his whole life.

I have never complained about a single neg rep as I give out plenty. BUT, who is the piece of shit that continues to neg rep me, even on a thread like this? Seriously, on a thread about two of my friends getting murdered? Your pathetic, envious life is worthless. You are a fucking coward. Own up to this asshole.

This is fucking disgusting.

Out this pussy. Then get rid of anon repping.

also agree. there is certainly a precedent for outing people guilty of rep trolling.

16 years is enough for a junkie to get rehabilitated for being a drunk and pill popper. If we think it should be much longer I'd say just support the dealth penalty in such cases opposed to keeping the guy in prison his whole life.

Agreed. 16 years is too long for this type of thing. Terrible tragedy, but 16 years is too long. The problem was the lack of practical punishment/enforcement after the previous problems. Subject for another thread, but our entire retribution-based system is woefully outdated and backwards. Emphasis should be on prevention instead. Even the fact that some think 16 years is too short (and others think it is too long) clearly shows it is a backwards system.

I have to believe it is a moderator or someone with editing powers because it is gone from my user cp now. How does that happen?

16 years is a long time for killing 2 people?

16 years is a long time for killing 2 people?

Kill em or let em rehabilitate. Jailing em for eternity is too costly and just seems as if we're indecisive on what we think the penalty should be.

But yes, I do think there's a difference between intentionally and unintentionally killing someone, and some murderers get out in like 25, right? The guy didn't mean to kill someone, he just had problems and was negligent in dealing with them. 15 years seems harsh for that negligence.

The other factors such as wife abuse, and how many times he was ticketed should factor into a longer sentence than a first time offender, however. Hard for me to quantify, but 10 sounds about right.

Last edited:
Kill em or let em rehabilitate. Jailing em for eternity is too costly and just seems as if we're indecisive on what we think the penalty should be.

But yes, I do think there's a difference between intentionally and unintentionally killing someone, and some murderers get out in like 25, right? The guy didn't mean to kill someone, he just had problems and was negligent in dealing with them. 15 years seems harsh for that negligence.

The other factors such as wife abuse, and how many times he was ticketed should factor into a longer sentence than a first time offender, however. Hard for me to quantify, but 10 sounds about right.

Have you had a family member, friend or acquaintance who has been killed by a drunk driver?

Back