• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

DT

Random thought, but could DT play TE in the NFL? Guys do it some: Gates, Graham, Arbuckle all come to mind. Know the colts have or had a guy on their practice squad that played hoops at Miami recently.

I don't think he's nearly athletic enough.

Have we ever had a more mercurial, maddening, frustrating, not sure what to call it player then Thomas? I don't mean this as a complete criticism, but man can he drive you nuts . In a matter of 2 minutes, he can pull down 3 rebounds, make a brilliant spin move for a bucket, make 2 ridiculously stupid turnovers, lose his man on defense, commit a foul out on the perimeter, have a gimme rim out, and make a nice pass to an open man for a bucket. You definitely can't say he doesn't make things happen - it's just that half are good and half are bad. Or maybe 60% good and 40% bad?

Have we ever had a more mercurial, maddening, frustrating, not sure what to call it player then Thomas? I don't mean this as a complete criticism, but man can he drive you nuts . In a matter of 2 minutes, he can pull down 3 rebounds, make a brilliant spin move for a bucket, make 2 ridiculously stupid turnovers, lose his man on defense, commit a foul out on the perimeter, have a gimme rim out, and make a nice pass to an open man for a bucket. You definitely can't say he doesn't make things happen - it's just that half are good and half are bad. Or maybe 60% good and 40% bad?[/QUOTE

The last 3 years maybe. Not now

Devin will be our most difficult player to replace next year. Collins I doubt has the body and the post moves Devin has.

Devin will be our most difficult player to replace next year. Collins I doubt has the body and the post moves Devin has.

Well he already has a lot of the post moves, but he can't stay on the court right now.

That will get better as the year goes on though.

It's obviously difficult to replace a guy that is averaging a double-double, but I think it can be done by committee next year with Collins, Moore, and SJM.

Have we ever had a more mercurial, maddening, frustrating, not sure what to call it player then Thomas? I don't mean this as a complete criticism, but man can he drive you nuts . In a matter of 2 minutes, he can pull down 3 rebounds, make a brilliant spin move for a bucket, make 2 ridiculously stupid turnovers, lose his man on defense, commit a foul out on the perimeter, have a gimme rim out, and make a nice pass to an open man for a bucket. You definitely can't say he doesn't make things happen - it's just that half are good and half are bad. Or maybe 60% good and 40% bad?[/QUOTE

The last 3 years maybe. Not now

No this is a recurring theme with Devin from his freshman year all the way to this year. Certain things you can't teach a kid and certain things a kid can't learn. Low court awareness, but will pin his ears back to get a rebound. Very polarizing. One thing that I will say that has improved is that he passes the ball out on the wings more this year for a jump shot as compared to the Eric Williams of once the ball gets down low it never comes back out.

Random thought, but could DT play TE in the NFL? Guys do it some: Gates, Graham, Arbuckle all come to mind. Know the colts have or had a guy on their practice squad that played hoops at Miami recently.

Most of those guys weren't going to make money playing basketball, so they tried to give football a shot rather than, understandably, get a regular job. Devin will make decent money playing in Europe and he'll get an occasional NBA tryout (summer / D-league). It wouldn't make sense for him to try to switch sports.

Collins is going to be better than Devin.

If your program can't replace a guy who got no votes for All ACC last year, your program has very serious problems.

So far this year Devin has really impressed me, you can tell he's worked hard on his attitude and his game. He's pretty much been a given for us so far this year and this team needs that. The only concerns I've seen from him so far this year is trying to force things a few times and free throws, but he's looked better from the line and you can tell he's put the work in there too.

I have been favorably impressed with Devin's improvement until last night. Obviously he did some very good things last night. However, he made several really poor passes, a couple on in-bounds passes with no pressure. He still has severe mental lapses on both ends of the court.

Yet the pluses far surpass the negatives. Glad to have him on our team.

Last year, end of season, Devin agreed he was not a leader or a winner. I suspect he has been diligent in working with DM to develop both shortcomings. Early season reviews suggest he has been paying attention and actively applying what he has learned.

If he keeps playing like this I'd be shocked if he didn't make an All-ACC team this year

I wouldn't. He could post better numbers than anybody in the conference and not get an honorable mention if we don't finish in the top half of the conference. Voters are dumb.

Voters are dumb. That's why he's a shoo-in for All-ACC if he posts big numbers. Anything around 16/10 and he's an easy All-ACC player.

Back