• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Duke and Vandy

liveanddiedeac

Reaction score
I'm not posting this with any delusions of us winning the last 2 games, but I think a lot of guys (mainly on offense) need to take the bye week after FSU and decide to man up, find some heart and play balls to the walls the last 2 games. The FSU game will be, what it's going to be, a beatdown by a far superior team to us even if we were full strength. However, we've got a week off after that and there's a lot of players on our team that need to get rid of the deer in the headlights look after Camp got hurt and decide their going to do every thing they can to step up and see what happens. Losing your best player is a tough blow, especially for a team like us that just doesn't have the depth a lot of teams do. However, other guys have scholarships just like Campy does and they need to play like it!!!

With the bye week, we should get Dook. However, Franklin and Vandy owns us now, so we'll have to consider that game as our "Library Bowl" to end the season.:mad:

I've watched Duke play a couple times this year and they are no world beaters. I would be willing to go out on a limb and say that we take care of business against Duke in a gutsy defensive effort by our guys. I see us taking 5 wins going into Vandy and losing a heart breaker. That's the LOWF in me. You gotta believe Grobo and Elrod make SOME SORT of adjustments to get our passing attack going even without CAMP in the lineup.

The players aren't the problem. Late season collapses are a Grobe staple.

But we play a lot of "really good teams" then, Ph

The players aren't the problem. Late season collapses are a Grobe staple.

Ph, I acknowledge the coaching problems, they are there and will be there until there are changes. However, the players are part of the problem as well. This thread is meant to challege those guys to man up and play. There is no denying that our team did not react well to losing Camp and I am just challenging the guys to decide they are going to go out and give it their very best independent of the coaches. If we can get 11 guys on offense to think "damn it I'm going to be the man" on every play the last 2 weeks it will make a difference. For whatever reason you want to blame it on, we've relied on one guy on that side of the ball, now it's time for the 11 guys on the field to rely on themselves and give the absolute best they can.

But we play a lot of "really good teams" then, Ph

I'm tired of hearing that come out of Grobe's mouth. Wake could lose to 1-9 Grambling State team next week and he would still say that BS.

I'm tired of hearing that come out of Grobe's mouth. Wake could lose to 1-9 Grambling State team next week and he would still say that BS.

Me too. Honestly, sometimes I think Grobe is just too nice a guy to be a football coach, but it gets old hearing how good teams are that just aren't. Credit to Syracuse, they did what they needed to do to win, but they aren't good.

If anything, Syracuse plays dirty. They steamrolled Camp on a fair catch and post game Camp even mentioned that he recalled them doing so also at the Dome in the game there two years ago.

Then they break his collarbone piling on after a tackle.

If anything, Syracuse plays dirty. They steamrolled Camp on a fair catch and post game Camp even mentioned that he recalled them doing so also at the Dome in the game there two years ago.

I don't like to make excuses, but I felt the same way myself.

We beat Tech that one year with Caldwell when they had Joe "Heisman" Hamilton. We can win Vandy and Duke.. Is it likely? well....

But I'll hold out hope until we lose one..

Who was the last player benched during a game for poor play? I'm not talking about pulling Tanner at Clemson down 5 TDs.

We beat Tech that one year with Caldwell when they had Joe "Heisman" Hamilton. We can win Vandy and Duke.. Is it likely? well....

But I'll hold out hope until we lose one..

If we beat Duke and Vandy to get to a bowl, that would certainly even top losing to Duke badly the week before in 1999 and the next week beating a very good Tech team to get into the Aloha Bowl. I just want to see a team with some real fight in it the last 2 games and let the chips fall where they may. I like a team with some fight in it this coming Saturday too, but when your as overmatched as we will be Saturday sometimes it's hard to look like your really fighting.

Of course they do. Like New Jersey U (Duke) what do you expect?

If we beat Duke and Vandy to get to a bowl, that would certainly even top losing to Duke badly the week before in 1999 and the next week beating a very good Tech team to get into the Aloha Bowl. I just want to see a team with some real fight in it the last 2 games and let the chips fall where they may. I like a team with some fight in it this coming Saturday too, but when your as overmatched as we will be Saturday sometimes it's hard to look like your really fighting.

Our backs will be against the wall with 2 games remaining to win 2 for bowl eligibility.

At least the 2 games are against like schools both of which we have recently owned, but with first the tide turning for Vandy and now Dook is on the upswing as well.

Our backs will be against the wall with 2 games remaining to win 2 for bowl eligibility.

At least the 2 games are against like schools both of which we have recently owned, but with first the tide turning for Vandy and now Dook is on the upswing as well.

The last time we "owned" Vandy was in 2010. Franklin is the coach now and Riley Skinner ain't walking through that door.

2012/11/24 Wake Forest 21 - Vanderbilt 55 L
2011/11/26 Wake Forest 7 - Vanderbilt 41 L
2010/11/27 Wake Forest 34 - Vanderbilt 13 W
2008/11/29 Wake Forest 23 - Vanderbilt 10 W
2007/11/24 Wake Forest 31 - Vanderbilt 17 W
2005/09/01 Wake Forest 20 - Vanderbilt 24 L
2000/10/07 Wake Forest 10 - Vanderbilt 17 L
1994/09/03 Wake Forest 14 - Vanderbilt 35 L
1993/09/04 Wake Forest 12 - Vanderbilt 27 L
1992/10/10 Wake Forest 40 - Vanderbilt 6 W
1990/11/24 Wake Forest 56 - Vanderbilt 28 W
1977/09/17 Wake Forest 0 - Vanderbilt 3 L
1976/09/18 Wake Forest 24 - Vanderbilt 27 L
1965/10/02 Wake Forest 7 - Vanderbilt 0 W
1964/10/10 Wake Forest 6 - Vanderbilt 9 L

I gotta say that with Camp the offense had looked pretty good for that 3 game stretch. He goes out at Syracuse and we look inept... That begs the question.....Can any of our other receivers step up? It's not like we don't have guys with speed. Is it the route running that is deficient? Are they too worried about getting hit? I mean Tanner has been competent with Givens and Camp.....seems to me the receivers are the key.......

Back