• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Duke at Wake, Saturday 10/30 at ...

How is pops holding up?

He had a blast. Had to go home and hit the bed after dropping us off. Nothing like watching us blow Duke out of the building.

Wake will the in the Top Ten in both polls. Maybe the CFP committee will value an undefeated Wake Forest team more than the polls.

Wonder if Wake might start getting some love from the league office and the refs ? We are the only hope for the CFP in the ACC.

Two dope stats from the box score:

Going 12-18 on 3rd down, and holding Duke to 4-15

FIVE different receivers had a 30+ yard reception.

I went and took my two sons who had never been to a wake football game. My oldest kept talking about how cool the stadium is (!!!!! Ha, that one kinda of made me laugh but then I looked around and realized that yeah this is a cool stadium). Only regret is they went with my wife to get food when the score was 7-0 and when they came back it was 28-0 and they were “dad, what happened?”

I also thought the students were fucking great- they were loud and dressed for a football game instead of a pastel Easter party and thank god I didn’t see one single bow tie on a student. Need them to stay past halftime against state , but that was understandable. I thought it was hilarious that they were bouncing condom balloons around in the student section, my wife did not see the humor in it, even when my youngest asked “ why is that ballon shaped so wierd”, but that’s on her.

Student section paid respects to McCreary as well and he had a huge smile on his face from that! Good on them, good showing for the team and school yesterday.

Student section paid respects to McCreary as well and he had a huge smile on his face from that! Good on them, good showing for the team and school yesterday.

Student section was great - loud and full through the first half and after half was probably on par with how many are usually there at the start of the game. Great atmosphere with the students leading the sing along, etc. it was a lot of fun

Yeah student section was packed and almost all wearing black. Great showing from them and I count on them to be there for the duration of the State game if it’s tight.

CBS needs some props for his blitz pickups. He made a huge difference by keeping the linebackers and safeties off Sam. I don't think he gets enough credit for his blocking. It's not sexy and doesn't get you on Sports Center but it is critical to making the pass part of the RPO work.

CBS needs some props for his blitz pickups. He made a huge difference by keeping the linebackers and safeties off Sam. I don't think he gets enough credit for his blocking. It's not sexy and doesn't get you on Sports Center but it is critical to making the pass part of the RPO work.

I have to think it's one of the reasons KW3 wasn't our only featured back last year. Clearly he's a great runner. But CBS is more of a total package. Good pass protector and makes the RPO work.

Amazing to me that we could burn the last 7:17 of the game with our 5th string running back.

Amazing to me that we could burn the last 7:17 of the game with our 5th string running back.

I was hoping that Clawson and Ruggiero would use a few more pages in the playbook and really let the second unit offense play like it was 0-0. It would have been good for Kerns to make some live game reads in the RPO.

I think the plan was to run an offense until the 3rd or 4th string TE fumbled a 1st down.

I’m not sure how much that 4th quarter lineup practices the RPO. Those weren’t guys who are expected to play.

I think Wake could make him an offer that would entice him back to Winsn-Salem. It should improve the defense.

Might want to look at the box score of their loss to Miss State last night

Leach’a boy basically threw a perfect game

Residua…

iinLFqx.jpg

Qi79g0u.jpg

Back