• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Duke fan cries about treatment at Miami game

If they had pulled that shit at an SEC football game they might have gotten the shit beaten out of them for sport.

[/B]

Whoa dude.

She was seriously trying to sit in that dark, crowded student section with that tight, short Duke jersey on. She was just asking for it. Guess she couldn't handle it.

Last edited:
The moral of the story: there might be some decent Duke alumni out there, but the ones who go to Duke basketball games are pretty much guaranteed pieces of shit.

Ph, spare us the "elite school" bullshit. This happens at EVERY school, elite or not. Wear your Duke shirt to the student section at Clemson and you'll catch shit. Or Kentucky at Ole Miss. Or Northwestern at Michigan State. Attracting students to their graduate programs has shit all nothing to do with athletics- not in the way you're insinuating. If a student picks Duke for grad school because of basketball, your priorities are fucked up. A school doesn't have to be some pretentiously hotshit bastion of successful athletics to attract grad students- and how those students get treated at a game between their undergrad and grad teams isn't impacted by the academic world either. You're going to catch shit no matter where you are.

Our student section is dead, the fake student section that showed up for the State game was a sham, a shell of it's former self. When the students are loud and rocking before tip off, that's when it's for real.

Yeah, what about this? I attended the NCSU game and noticed literally no students (normal these days) approximately 5 minutes before the tip. Five minutes into the game, the student section
was rather full. Did Wellman, in his desperation, promise $$$ would be dropped from the rafters in the Minute of Mayhem?

Why were you sitting near undergrads? There's your mistake.

I wasn't, this occurred outside of Cameron on the way in.

The fans I hated the most, actually, were the law school students who suddenly adopted the team and were "Cameron Crazies" but couldn't name any of the players and just talked shit to me because I was one of the few people with the integrity to remain a die hard fan of my undergrad and not just adopt the team that won a national championship while we were there.

When I was at Wake ('04-'08) the lower level student section was SD only and you were required to wear tie-dye. If you didn't you got kicked out. I saw multiple people in UNC gear kicked out. So, once again, you don't know what you are talking about.

Unfortunately this isn't true anymore.

Yeah, what about this? I attended the NCSU game and noticed literally no students (normal these days) approximately 5 minutes before the tip. Five minutes into the game, the student section
was rather full. Did Wellman, in his desperation, promise $$$ would be dropped from the rafters in the Minute of Mayhem?

RSF asked me that same question, it was really weird. Oh yeah, for any recent grads who have the updated vertical ID, you can definitely still check into games.

The truth emerges:

lolduke • 18 minutes ago −
This whole rant reeks of exaggeration and twisted truth - I say that because I was 5 feet away when they were pulled out of line. The administrators thought they were non-students attempting to sneak into the student section, then briefly chided them about their lack of school spirit (very good naturedly might I add), and were then allowed to enter with a "good luck, here's the security information just in case." The entire exchange took maybe 15 seconds.

I bought tickets online to the Wake/GT game many years ago when we were good. For some reason, GT sold me tickets in the student section. As soon as we realized this, we moved out of the section because I didn't want to do deal with nerds yelling things like "Josh Howard sucks dick!" at my wife and I for the entire game.

I bought tickets online to the Wake/GT game many years ago when we were good. For some reason, GT sold me tickets in the student section. As soon as we realized this, we moved out of the section because I didn't want to do deal with nerds yelling things like "Josh Howard sucks dick!" at my wife and I for the entire game.

Well, if you had gone to a game at an "elite" school, you wouldn't have had to worry about that.

Ph, spare us the "elite school" bullshit. This happens at EVERY school, elite or not. Wear your Duke shirt to the student section at Clemson and you'll catch shit. Or Kentucky at Ole Miss. Or Northwestern at Michigan State. Attracting students to their graduate programs has shit all nothing to do with athletics- not in the way you're insinuating. If a student picks Duke for grad school because of basketball, your priorities are fucked up. A school doesn't have to be some pretentiously hotshit bastion of successful athletics to attract grad students- and how those students get treated at a game between their undergrad and grad teams isn't impacted by the academic world either. You're going to catch shit no matter where you are.

94, are you telling me that the Dean of Students and the Vice President of Student Affairs at Clemson, Ole Miss, or wherever would block their own grad students from going to a game?

I wasn't, this occurred outside of Cameron on the way in.

The fans I hated the most, actually, were the law school students who suddenly adopted the team and were "Cameron Crazies" but couldn't name any of the players and just talked shit to me because I was one of the few people with the integrity to remain a die hard fan of my undergrad and not just adopt the team that won a national championship while we were there.

I agree about that. The Fuqua Executive MBA students were particularly bad about this.

Guys like me, DonaldRoss, and 2&2 had built up enough credibility that anybody like that giving us shit got it back to them.

For the record, I went to the Wake/Duke game in Cameron a few weeks ago and wore Wake gear the whole way in and all during the game and had no problems. But things might have been different when we were a good basketball team and were actually a threat to maybe win in Cameron.

Ph - Did you see this part?

The truth emerges:

lolduke • 18 minutes ago −
This whole rant reeks of exaggeration and twisted truth - I say that because I was 5 feet away when they were pulled out of line. The administrators thought they were non-students attempting to sneak into the student section, then briefly chided them about their lack of school spirit (very good naturedly might I add), and were then allowed to enter with a "good luck, here's the security information just in case." The entire exchange took maybe 15 seconds.

Ph - Did you see this part?

Pretty much undermines a gross assumption. And Ph, the "blocking" aspect is not really the point I was making. And I'm sure that of the 8,000+ grad students at Duke, you guys had such a reputation and sparked so much fear that you had your own reserved parking spaces up front and courtside seats at Duke.

Last edited:
we could have just stopped at "duke fan cries"

Not sure if it's more disturbing that Ph is standing up for this Duke fan or that he's sucking down the story as if it's 100% accurate.

You can't smell the bullshit here? Seriously?

Back