• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Duke fan cries about treatment at Miami game

Guys like me, DonaldRoss, and 2&2 had built up enough credibility that anybody like that giving us shit got it back to them.

25141625.jpg

Why are y'all being so hard on PH? His comments have been pretty innocuous. It would have been pretty shitty for the Miami administration to keep Duke fans (with tickets) out, if they weren't breaking any rules.

Why are y'all being so hard on PH? His comments have been pretty innocuous. It would have been pretty shitty for the Miami administration to keep Duke fans (with tickets) out, if they weren't breaking any rules.

he's defending duke

I have been to Cameron many times and have never had a good experience (because Wake never wins), but for the most part, save for a few shots across my bow (which were harmless and to be expected) it's not that bad. The last time I went however was CP3s last year and there were several students in front of me (I sat on the border between the regular seats and the student section) that were just intolerable, harrassed me and my friend the entire game...i bet they didn't watch more than 5 minutes of the game (we were pretty passive from a cheering standpoint, just wearing wake hats and weren't loud because we were losing from the get go). There was an old woman (Duke Fan) that she'd back me up (i.e. claim they went after me first) if I wanted to throw a punch or two...if it weren't for the bannister and the extra 4ft drop that separates the student section from the regular crowd I probably would have

I cheered for Wake in the Duke grad school section 8 times. Sometimes I hooked up other Wake fans with IDs and passes and we had our own section. No big deal aside from the occasional ribbing and fan give and take.

At pretty much every Duke basketball game, there were a few grad students in the section cheering for their undergrad alma mater. That's part of being an elite university. You draw talent from around the nation and they should have the ability to support their undergrad at sporting events in a respectful manner. Pretty pissy response from the Miami administration. Want kids from Top 10 schools to come to your grad/prof programs? Don't treat them like crap.

Unless they reference their fours years of being a Cameron Crazy and their hard-earned Duke degree. Then by all means please put two fingers down the throat and aim for the hair.

The girl is a fucking moron.

"This experience only served to deepen my appreciation and respect for Cameron Crazies, an exemplary group of boisterous, witty and dedicated supporters—the sixth man, a true fan indeed."

Wait, I'm confused. So Lenox retired to go to grad school at The U?

I saw fellow law students who were UNC grads kicked out of the SD section for wearing blue at every Wake-UNC game while I was in law school ('03, '04, and '05).

I don't understand, the deadspin article says it was a girl, but then in her statements she is talking about how the Miami students were commenting on the size of their penises. Who was this person.....Roniah Tuiasosopo?

Ph, spare us the "elite school" bullshit. This happens at EVERY school, elite or not. Wear your Duke shirt to the student section at Clemson and you'll catch shit. Or Kentucky at Ole Miss. Or Northwestern at Michigan State. Attracting students to their graduate programs has shit all nothing to do with athletics- not in the way you're insinuating. If a student picks Duke for grad school because of basketball, your priorities are fucked up. A school doesn't have to be some pretentiously hotshit bastion of successful athletics to attract grad students- and how those students get treated at a game between their undergrad and grad teams isn't impacted by the academic world either. You're going to catch shit no matter where you are.

This. Oh and dook sucks. Couldn't have paid me to go there.

"constitutionally protected freedom of speech notwithstanding"

I don't necessarily see what this comment has anything to do with Miami's regulations regarding admittance of people into their student section. It says on basically every ticket that the university/arena/whatever reserves the right to administrate any issues that arise and I doubt that Miami would be any different.

What a douchenugget.

I cheered for Wake in the Duke grad school section 8 times. Sometimes I hooked up other Wake fans with IDs and passes and we had our own section. No big deal aside from the occasional ribbing and fan give and take.

At pretty much every Duke basketball game, there were a few grad students in the section cheering for their undergrad alma mater. That's part of being an elite university. You draw talent from around the nation and they should have the ability to support their undergrad at sporting events in a respectful manner. Pretty pissy response from the Miami administration. Want kids from Top 10 schools to come to your grad/prof programs? Don't treat them like crap.

I had the same experience at Duke. I was not a grad student there, but attended games in the grad student section with friends of mine who were. We even got the entire front row of the grad section full of people in wake gear in 2002 (or maybe 01). We definitely got jeered a little bit and got the "safety school "chant from the student section, but nobody threatened to kick us out or anything like that.

Back