• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Duke is smarter than everyone else

"Duke is only 1 of 2 BCS conference teams to keep their same head coach after 4 consective seasons of non-winning-but-not-necessarily-losing records. 1 of only 2 such teams."

Looks like we are in that elite company and most likely make it 5 in a row. We is more smartest. Speaking of smart- it is consecutive.

2009 Wake Forest 5–7 3–5 4th (Atlantic)
2010 Wake Forest 3–9 1–7 6th (Atlantic)
2011 Wake Forest 6–7 5–3 T–2nd (Atlantic) L Music City
2012 Wake Forest 5–7 3–5 4th (Atlantic)
2013 Wake Forest 4–6 2–5 (Atlantic)

I was talking about any team who fires their coach.

OK I misunderstood you. College Athletic Directors fire their coaches; by "teams" I thought you meant the actual team members / athletes fired the coaches. Thats what had me confused, I thought you were saying that the student athletes at Duke (or elsewhere) wanted their coaches fired.

"Duke is only 1 of 2 BCS conference teams to keep their same head coach after 4 consective seasons of non-winning-but-not-necessarily-losing records. 1 of only 2 such teams."

Looks like we are in that elite company and most likely make it 5 in a row. We is more smartest. Speaking of smart- it is consecutive.

2009 Wake Forest 5–7 3–5 4th (Atlantic)
2010 Wake Forest 3–9 1–7 6th (Atlantic)
2011 Wake Forest 6–7 5–3 T–2nd (Atlantic) L Music City
2012 Wake Forest 5–7 3–5 4th (Atlantic)
2013 Wake Forest 4–6 2–5 (Atlantic)

Eastern Michigan fired Ron English and Duke has secured a winning season. Barring three straight wins Wake will be the only team in the nation with five straight non-winning seasons who still has their head coach.

Back