• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Duke????

Vytas from the top of the key was MONTE

Yep. He hasn't gone after the one-and-done types as often as Roy, Calipari, and Self. So he gets guys who are less athletic but more skilled. Not sure if that's the right strategy to beat Self and Calipari, but it sure beats us.

K has totally changed the way he recruits. He only has one white scholarship player and he played a mere 7 mins last night. When was the last time you could say that about a Duke team?

K has totally changed the way he recruits. He only has one white scholarship player and he played a mere 7 mins last night. When was the last time you could say that about a Duke team?

Probably that '99 team with Brand, Maggette, Avery, etc. K changed his recruiting style several times in the past 20 years going from white laden rosters with Laettner and Hurley to the aforementioned late 90's and early 00's groups to the Redick/Singler/Scheyer teams. Now he's back to recruiting elite NBA talent.

Which NCAA Div. 1 team holds the record for most consecutive made free throws (50)? I loved Downey but I think he was the one that missed the 51st free throw??? Watching WF basketball used to be fun. Now it's almost like going to work...boring and mundane.
Buzzout
Go Deacs

I would imagine that in addition to recruiting good shooters, Coach K improves their shooting over time with his coaching--which would include shooting form, release, etc. as well as shot selection.

Which NCAA Div. 1 team holds the record for most consecutive made free throws (50)? I loved Downey but I think he was the one that missed the 51st free throw??? Watching WF basketball used to be fun. Now it's almost like going to work...boring and mundane.
Buzzout
Go Deacs

That was the throat slash FT.

Our lack of shooters is maddeningly frustrating. Shooting should (theoretically) be an easy skill to recruit. Every kid on the playground shoots a million shots a day - there have to be a ton of kids out there that can shoot - you would think. We need 3-point shooters, for sure, but we also need kids that can make 15-17 footers on a consistent basis. How much would you give to have Songaila right now - he was money with those little mid-range jumpers! Instead we have people like 'Tree and BillMoto and Madison and others who, whatever other skills they might have, cannot shoot a consistent jumper to save their lives!

It is actually very difficult to find a player who is athletic enough to play D1 ball that can shoot.

How is it that Duke seems to have 5 or 6 guys every year that can shoot the 3 almost every year and we have struggled for years to have at most 1 it seems at any given time? When's the last time we had more than 1 really good 3 point threat? Since Chill and Rusty played together? I mean heck, Miles freaking Overton is becoming one of our best 3 point threats, let that sink in for a minute. I want a freaking coach that can recruit some shooters!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:mad:

Elite recruiting with an emphasis on shooting ability. K takes shooters over athletes 9 Times out of 10. Duke has elite recruits that would have started for us last night, like Mike Jones, on the end of their bench. Every year hes got 5 star shooters that won't see 20 minutes a game until their junior year, plus he brings in the top college transfers like Seth Curry and Rodney Hood.

Sent from my C6606 using Tapatalk

Elite recruiting with an emphasis on shooting ability. K takes shooters over athletes 9 Times out of 10. Duke has elite recruits that would have started for us last night, like Mike Jones, on the end of their bench. Every year hes got 5 star shooters that won't see 20 minutes a game until their junior year, plus he brings in the top college transfers like Seth Curry and Rodney Hood.

Sent from my C6606 using Tapatalk

Yeah, but he gets a lot of good athletes too. Duke usually has several quick guys that can really pressure the ball. You've got to give Ratface credit, he's built quite a factory in Durham. I still cannot honestly believe that almost 4 years ago, Ron Wellman thought Jeff [Redacted] was the man to lead our basketball program against the likes of Coach K, Roy Williams, and now Jim Beoheim and Rick Pitino????????

Back