• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

DUNE Mafia -Game over, CIVS WIN

Thank you. I'm going to go on now and continue playing mafia & living my life without regard to your opinions again.

Well you should listen, because those were dumb plays. As dumb as knight's vig hits, just with better results.

If you're a mod over on the other board, can you change my name over there to AWakeKnight? Gotta maintain the brand. lolz

Either sign in for a new account, or pm JeffErmann, he can get that done I think.

My vig hit in the last game and subsequent play was reasonable. This has been my first "botched" vig hit.

I meant your hits this game (assuming you really did try to hit be the night burp killed all the night moves)

Thanks, Parlay, for the kind words AND for blocking night moves when you did. I was protecting Toogs when knight tried to vig hit him.

That was another reason I blocked that night. I was hoping to win with the civs though I had no idea how to go about finding Paul.

You were the governor? you suck. That power should almost never be used.

Saving Bernie turned out to be a great move. Historicus, not so much --- however, in island's defense, toppings looked sketchy all game and then pulls that dance? If you know toppings, maybe you ignore it but not knowing him, it looked like he was pulling a save. Luckily there was room to play. I hate the role personally and it's not easy to play. I thought he played it fine and played well generally.

Saving Bernie turned out to be a great move. Historicus, not so much --- however, in island's defense, toppings looked sketchy all game and then pulls that dance? If you know toppings, maybe you ignore it but not knowing him, it looked like he was pulling a save. Luckily there was room to play. I hate the role personally and it's not easy to play. I thought he played it fine and played well generally.

And as I said during and after the game, I realized about 5 seconds after I sent in the Historicus save that I probably should not have. However, the Bernie save I was very confident in. Either he was telling the truth and we'd get value from it or he was lying and we'd gain some type of knowledge from him revealing false investigations. I probably would have done some things differently during the game but I tried to play the best I could with the information I had.

Also, I like how I saw your post mentioning me and wfu03, then read your role once you died, then didn't bother to see which characters were actually dead already, and came up with the conclusion that wfu03 was mafia. It turned out to be the wrong reason but somehow helped damo apparently.

While even I don't agree with knight's compliment, it was nice of him to say. Sometimes you just need to resist your urge to comment and learn to stfu. It's like the superfluous "you suck " you threw in on your island/northern comment. It is untrue and unnecessary. Delete those to words and throw an "i think" at the start of the next sentence and your comment has value.

Contrary to your own opinion, you are far from perfect at this game.

Results oriented thinking is indefensible.

While even I don't agree with knight's compliment, it was nice of him to say. Sometimes you just need to resist your urge to comment and learn to stfu. It's like the superfluous "you suck " you threw in on your island/northern comment. It is untrue and unnecessary. Delete those to words and throw an "i think" at the start of the next sentence and your comment has value.

Contrary to your own opinion, you are far from perfect at this game.

I'm an asshole. Governors using their power in all but extreme circumstances, including statistics at the end of the game, suck. I think they suck?

Why don't you ask Northern? That post made it clear that you were mafia. I can't reveal my strategery.

Lol, you serious?

And island already posted why he thought I was mafia.

I can understand the "reading the roles a bit too closely, must be mafia" idea. I cannot understand how everyone just ignored what the mod posted in huge font when you guys were making the wrong inference. Had I not been mafia, I would have posted the exact same thing. In fact, I debated not posting it because it would help the civs to keep toppings alive, but I figured I could hunt him one night if it came down to that.

PS I definitely did some neg-repping, and will do more, especially to posts complaining about it. Anyone who cares about stars or reputations points or ratings deserves all the downvotes in the world.

I posted about why I thought WFU was dirty before. Toppings was getting ready to be a majority vote, but then WFU03 goes through this unbelievable analysis of hunted v. searched for to conclude that toppings is clean..

While I believe that toppings is clean, I think WFU03 did that in an effort to claim civ later in the game. I think he is Mafia 1 and knew that toppings had not joined his team.

WFU, you tried too hard. This is why I voted for you. I mean, he was, at best, a vanilla civ or suspected mafia. You went through great lengths to make him appear clean. I agreed with your analysis, but you went through too great of a process to get there. You obviously already knew that he was not mafia.

WFU, you tried too hard. This is why I voted for you. I mean, he was, at best, a vanilla civ or suspected mafia. You went through great lengths to make him appear clean. I agreed with your analysis, but you went through too great of a process to get there. You obviously already knew that he was not mafia.

I'm just stunned no one else tried. I would hope that anyone who sees it and is a civ would post that. Why would any civ want an almost certain civ to get lynched? If there is any reasonable doubt, I agree with you. But there wasn't anything even close to reasonable doubt there. The only person who didn't seem convinced was Knight.

PS I definitely did some neg-repping, and will do more, especially to posts complaining about it. Anyone who cares about stars or reputations points or ratings deserves all the downvotes in the world.

If you were talking about me, I wasn't complaining about rep - people can say whatever the hell they want about me - I just wanted to make sure no one was taking anything I said personally.

I don't know if it was you da, you just made me think about it. If they said something really nasty it was probably me.

SLT, it's their equivalent of stars. The little scales next to the light on each post. positive reputation=posrep.

Oh and that also reminded me, never take anything I say personally. It's the internet. I don't care about you, you don't care about me. Except Knight. Seriously dude, you need help.

Ha I made a comment in mafia lair and dead chat about how I LOL whenever Eagles or Knight get all elated and are like "posrep this," "posrep that." Like one game Knight didn't include Beads in the game because he missed the signup, so Knight was like, "Sorry Beads!!! I'll hook you up with some posrep!!!"

Not making fun, just explaining that "posrep" is funny to me.

Back