• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Dunk Contest Has Star Power

TheTwinAndreBen

3 stacks
Reaction score
...for the first time in forever. As a child of the 80s and 90s, I am psyched.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/1...ce-ross-compete-dunk-contest-all-star-weekend

Paul George
John Wall
Harrison Barnes
Terrence Ross
Ben McLemore
Damian Lillard

The six-man field for the dunk contest at All-Star Weekend will feature three big names from Sunday's actual All-Star Game, according to sources close to the process.

Sources told ESPN.com that Indiana's Paul George, Washington's John Wall and Portland's Damian Lillard are confirmed entrants in the dunk field that will be officially announced later Thursday on TNT.

ESPN.com reported Wednesday night that George, Wall and Lillard were poised to join defending champion Terrence Ross of the Toronto Raptors in the dunk competition.

Sources confirmed Thursday that Golden State's Harrison Barnes and Sacramento Kings rookie Ben McLemore are the other two participants in the contest, which has met with lukewarm reviews for the past several years, partly due to the lack of star power on display.

Not sure I think of Lillard and McLemore when I think of dunking, but I can dig George and Wall. Still obviously disappointed to not get Bron or Blake back. Would've been cool to have DeAndre Jordan in it, too.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Good for Paul George. He's a legit MVP candidate and doing it for the people. He's like the anti-Lebron.

Paul George just did power dunks the last time he was in the contest. Maybe he's got something up his sleeve, but I don't see it.

I don't think this contest has that much more star power, historically speaking. The past couple of contests have been weak fields, though, so it seems like they're really bringing out the wattage with Wall and Lillard.

Not sure I think of Lillard and McLemore when I think of dunking, but I can dig George and Wall. Still obviously disappointed to not get Bron or Blake back. Would've been cool to have DeAndre Jordan in it, too.

Mclemore throws down some nasty dunks, seen him in person

Mclemore throws down some nasty dunks, seen him in person

Word. I mean, I'm definitely in either way, just didn't know anything about his dunking ability.

Last time I watched it, the format was way too complicated.

John Wall Y'all!

I can't wait for WallStar Weekend.

Just kidding

BRING BACK THE WHEEL

a-capture15.png

Paul George just did power dunks the last time he was in the contest. Maybe he's got something up his sleeve, but I don't see it.

He did a ridiculous 360 dunk in-game a couple of weeks ago against the Clipper that would have easily gotten a 50 from the judges.

In-game dunks are generally way more impressive than anything any of these dudes will bust out during the contest.

In-game dunks are generally way more impressive than anything any of these dudes will bust out during the contest.

Definitely. And forget in-game dunks, if you want to see a real dunk contest just show up to an NBA game early and watch warm-ups.

Back