• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Dunkirk: Nolan's masterpiece?

Hm

The rush of cold open water leaves you shivering. A nosediving fighter plane causes you to gasp for air. An explosion makes you want to duck for cover. All that and

You gotta go see this movie in theaters. The planes shriek, bombs rumble, and the music (although I thought overused at moments instead of letting the war speak for itself) makes your blood pressure rise from the first second till the very end. I loved how Nolan told a beautiful story, of course using time, through using something that is historically accurate.

You gotta go see this movie in theaters. The planes shriek, bombs rumble, and the music (although I thought overused at moments instead of letting the war speak for itself) makes your blood pressure rise from the first second till the very end. I loved how Nolan told a beautiful story, of course using time, through using something that is historically accurate.

This. Must see it in a theater, especially for the aerial scenes. Great movie.

You can go ahead and remove the question mark from the title now.

Visuals were good. Thought the movie itself was OK. Disappointing to me.

Visuals were good. Thought the movie itself was OK. Disappointing to me.

Cinematography and screenplay were excellent IMO. Acting left a bit to be desired but not upset at all for paying 16 fucking dollars a ticket to watch in IMAX.

[old]BACK IN MY DAY MOVIES COST A FIVER[/old]

I enjoyed but was disappointed it's rated PG

IMAX was incredible

The two scenes of civilian ships passing boats full of men, one at the beginning to set the stage for how daunting the trip would be, and the one at the end with all cheering were both incredibly moving

Really enjoyed it, particularly the fighter plane scenes in the IMAX (which now that I've been to what I'd call real IMAX theaters before the local fakish one pales in comparison).

If we can do spoilers now, the one thing I didn't catch was the connection of how Cillian Murphy ended up floating out in the water by himself when we saw that earlier he was part of leading rescue boats away from the downed ship during the nighttime scene

Last edited:
Is it child (12) appropriate?

some tough scenes, but it wasn't gory like SPR. But Nolan left up the gore to the imagination in a couple death scenes like drowning in a ship being sunk.

Back