• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Dyson Airblade vs. XLerator

Which hand dryer is best?

• Dyson Airblade

Votes: 14 73.7%
  • XLerator

Votes: 5 26.3%

• Total voters

BaseballBoomhauer

Reaction score
kind of a win/win argument. i'm partial to USE of the XLerator both for shock value and the fact that i sort of feel like an idiot using the airblade. however, i've read that the airblade is overwhelmingly more efficient, using like 80% less energy.

dyson_handdryer.jpg

VS.

chrome-front.jpg

I fucking love the airblade. They have them at the local Nordstrom and they work so well.

Costco has the airblade, and I love using those things. Only thing I dont like is that the opening isnt quite wide enough. I always tend to hit my hands on the guards.

We got and XLerator at the Camp I was working at several years ago. It was the first time that I had ever seen one. One Sunday during our camp-wide staff meeting, while our Camp Director was talking to the staff, you could hear his two boys (maybe 6-7 & 8-10 age range at the time) screaming into the thing. It was hilarious.

the airblade is the greatest thing to happen to hand drying since the paper towel.

i love the airblade. the mellow mushroom here has one, and i will use the bathroom just so i can use the airblade.

Much prefer the XLerator. It dries better than the Air Blade and I don't have to worry about touching it.

we have the airblades at work. i think we got a big tax credit for buying like 10 of them. we have an unnecessary amount of dyson airblades.

Costco has the airblade, and I love using those things. Only thing I dont like is that the opening isnt quite wide enough. I always tend to hit my hands on the guards.

Much prefer the XLerator. It dries better than the Air Blade and I don't have to worry about touching it.

you guys either have massive hands or poor motor control because its really not that hard to keep your hands from touching the airblade. this bar I go to has the air blade and even when drunk I havent had a problem keeping my hands away from it. Plus unless someone is going Moises Alou and peeing all over their hands you figure if someone is using the airblade at least you know they washed up.

the airblade would set you back about $1000-1300. if i'm ever making bank i'm defs getting one for the master bathroom. fuck hand towels.

you guys either have massive hands or poor motor control because its really not that hard to keep your hands from touching the airblade. this bar I go to has the air blade and even when drunk I havent had a problem keeping my hands away from it. Plus unless someone is going Moises Alou and peeing all over their hands you figure if someone is using the airblade at least you know they washed up.

Massive hands :cool:

I've never seen or heard of any airblade until this thread. Kinda of wanna go on a hunt for one now.

If I know a bathroom has an Airblade, I will go out of my way to use it.

am i the only one who feels a little weird using the airblade? i'm not saying it's a bad thing, but it's a much more refined move requiring actual attention when compared to tossing your hands under the xlerator. it's actually a bit of a rush, like i'm performing a science experiment. all of my thoughts at that moment are on my use of that airblade. will i touch the sides? are my hands completely dry? would i be better served going in and out with my hands or trying to get the full dry in one slow, meticulous drag from the bottom out?

i'm definitely overthinking this.

Back