• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Dyson Airblade vs. XLerator

Which hand dryer is best?

• Dyson Airblade

Votes: 14 73.7%
  • XLerator

Votes: 5 26.3%

• Total voters
Quick XLerator story -

My friends and I were at a bar watching an NCAA tourney game one time. One of my friends gets up to use the bathroom. He returns completely soaked. We are all thinking WTF just happened? He informs us that he was on his way out of the crowded bathroom and he accidentally placed his full beer under the XLerator as he was trying to exit without spilling his beer. Mission failed and beer goes everywhere. He gets soaked, but even worse he soaked some guy waiting in line to use the urinal.

The airblade can't do that.

My buddy works for a company that sells, among other things, cleaning supplies for commercial establishments. He tells me never to use a bathroom dryer; I assume the Dyson is different based on how it contains the airflow, but all other ones re-distribute particles within the bathroom that include, well, piss and shit. Gross.

XLerator looks like it belongs in a car shop. Airblade looks like it's from a spa boutique.

Quick XLerator story -

My friends and I were at a bar watching an NCAA tourney game one time. One of my friends gets up to use the bathroom. He returns completely soaked. We are all thinking WTF just happened? He informs us that he was on his way out of the crowded bathroom and he accidentally placed his full beer under the XLerator as he was trying to exit without spilling his beer. Mission failed and beer goes everywhere. He gets soaked, but even worse he soaked some guy waiting in line to use the urinal.

The airblade can't do that.

i never even considered a situation like this. what a wildly unfortunate thing to happen.

i never even considered a situation like this. what a wildly unfortunate thing to happen.

Unfortunate for him and the other guy. Hilarious for those of us who with him. The moments between seeing him soaking wet and hearing the story were very confusing.

Unfortunate for him and the other guy. Hilarious for those of us who with him. The moments between seeing him soaking wet and hearing the story were very confusing.

I find it pretty hilarious as well.

I can only recall using the airblade thing once, where lots of places have those xlerator ones now. My hand skin always mushes around which is rather fun to watch.

i don't think i can be friends with people who prefer the Xlerator vs Airblade

Back