• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Eagles receiver Riley Cooper uses racial slur at a Kenny Chesney concert

Mr Cooper? That "I feel like I'm someone's bitch" has been brought to you by Meet Mr. Sherman, of the Seahawks.

He's such an idiot. He handled the apology about as well as he could. The teammates forgive him, so they should move on. It is interesting that Vick will have plenty of opportunities to hang cooper out.

Marcus vick needs to just remove himself from the planet. Good lord Mike must shake his head on a daily basis.

Last edited:
Mr Cooper? That "I feel like I'm someone's bitch" has been brought to you by Meet Mr. Sherman, of the Seahawks.

That would mean Sherman is guarding Cooper. Yeah, right. The only reason Cooper will see the field more is because Maclin is out....but there are multiple recievers that are having good camps, I could see coopers reps stay the same, or maybe go down. It will only take 1 out of 4-5 recievers to have a good camp and cooper will remain on the bench.

That would mean Sherman is guarding Cooper. Yeah, right. The only reason Cooper will see the field more is because Maclin is out....but there are multiple recievers that are having good camps, I could see coopers reps stay the same, or maybe go down. It will only take 1 out of 4-5 recievers to have a good camp and cooper will remain on the bench.

Sherman could always make a request.

Marcus vick needs to just remove himself from the planet. Good lord Mike must shake his head on a daily basis.

This. And he's been trying to remove himself from the planet. Kid grew up with an entitlement attitude because of his brother's fame and his own incredible athletic talent. But in contrast to Michael, Marcus has always been a lousy teammate, complete idiot and POS. Say what you want about the dog fighting, but I really give Michael a ton of credit. He filed a Ch 11 to pay his creditors back instead of a Ch 7 right before he signed his next contract upon getting out of jail. He's always said the right thing in the press. Didn't complain about his pay cut, not starting right away or not being named the starter now by Chip Kelly. Hasn't thrown his OL under the bus when he's had the worst OL in the league the last 2 years. And has taken a terrific beating the last 2 years. The guy doesn't get the credit he deserves, at least not from the national media.

PHILADELPHIA -- Quarterback Michael Vick said the Philadelphia Eagles have forgiven receiver Riley Cooper for using a racial slur in a viral video and that the team is ready to move on.

"He apologized for what he did, and as a team we understood," Vick said Wednesday evening outside team headquarters. "We all make mistakes in life and we all do and say things that maybe we do mean or we don't mean. But as a teammate, I forgave him."
"I just spoke to Riley inside the bubble during the walk-through for about 15 minutes," Vick said. "[Coach Chip Kelly] allowed me to say a few words to the team. He allowed all of us to have open dialogue for five minutes on how we wanted to move forward. I think we cleared the air. We all have an understanding that the most important thing for this football team is to move forward as of right now."

Vick said he does not agree with his brother, Marcus, who used Twitter to put a bounty on Cooper, offering $1,000 for a player to "light his ... up."

"I don't agree with what my brother's saying," Michael Vick said. "Riley's still my teammate. He just stood in front of us as a man and apologized for what he said. Somewhere deep down you've got to find some level of respect for that. ... My brother has to not show a certain level of ignorance himself."
http://www.latimes.com/sports/sport...rgiven-20130731,0,7630398.story#axzz2ag0stjse

Pos rep. I completely missed this the first time.

And, his white guy friend seems to get the problem out the gates. If you see, it looks like friends having a controversy with bouncer, his friend is laughing....after Riley says it, his friends face turns cold 'like, oh shit, you shouldn't have said that'.

Any news on who filmed/released the video?

Deadspin just put out an article abt how it was obtained. The man with the video sent deadspin an anonymous tip, but another source offered a little more money for it then deadspin.

And, his white guy friend seems to get the problem out the gates. If you see, it looks like friends having a controversy with bouncer, his friend is laughing....after Riley says it, his friends face turns cold 'like, oh shit, you shouldn't have said that'.

Yeah, that was the dude you crossed the line reaction.

Philly sports talk radio, a host said "his punishment should be going to the Jay Z concert next week and saying the same thing"

Back