• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Eagles receiver Riley Cooper uses racial slur at a Kenny Chesney concert

That's pretty good.

it's weird they bleep out nigger but not fag.

Philly sports talk radio, a host said "his punishment should be going to the Jay Z concert next week and saying the same thing"

Going to a Jay Z concert would be punishment enough. Why be cruel and unusual on top of it?

lol... he's been excused from the team to go to counseling. i'm sure it'll be simple to counsel the redneck out of him.

lol... he's been excused from the team to go to counseling. i'm sure it'll be simple to counsel the redneck out of him.

Maybe he'll find Jesus or Mohammad while he's on leave. And maybe the Iggles will try to find Muhsin Muhammad. They're pretty short on WRs. Seems like there's a lot of teams short on WRs, including the Seahawks and 49ers.

He should have to be Flava Flav's personal assistant for six weeks as a punishment.

Maybe the whole NFL should just postpone the season until they all complete a sensitivity training class.

The counseling thing is such BS.

This might have been said already (it's been said many times) but that shirt is more offensive than what he said.

Maybe the whole NFL should just postpone the season until they all complete a sensitivity training class.

The counseling thing is such BS.

Agreed.

I'm not sure the counseling is the major point here (nobody honestly believes you can counsel the racism out of somebody), but rather Cooper being such a distraction for a first-year coach during a very important training camp that they HAD to get him away somehow. Sal Palantonio (spelling?) said on ESPN he's never seen a player as ostracized as Cooper was following those comments. And Cooper certainly isn't talented enough to warrant such a huge distraction. If Kelly felt he needed to get Cooper out of the way (for now), this was probably the easiest way to do it. I think he may end up getting cut when it's all said and done.

I'm not sure the counseling is the major point here, but rather Cooper being such a distraction for a first-year coach during a very important training camp that they HAD to get him away somehow. Sal Palantonio (spelling?) said on ESPN he's never seen a player as ostracized as Cooper was following those comments. And Cooper certainly isn't talented enough to warrant such a huge distraction. If Kelly felt he needed to get Cooper out of the way (for now), this was probably the easiest way to do it. I think he may end up getting cut when it's all said and done.

I feel like it would have been done by now. But who knows. He's an OK reciever, I think any true bench warmer would really be gone. As far as Kelly is concernced regarding distractions, it honestly takes away from the 'Starting QB' questions.

Back