• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Eamonn on Chrissy Collins @ Northwestern

wfumike02

Reaction score
Even if Collins is a Dukie, this is a great read. This is the kind of leadership and energy we want to have in our program again. There are so many parallels with the Bz regime when they talk about Carmody's tenure too (except the respectability part). It really shows how the biggest thing Bz and Ron have taken from us is hope.

Link

I'd take Collins in a minute over Bzzz, even if he is a Dukie.

Understand your point, but lets not disparage Bill Carmody. He is far superior coach to Bz.

Like I said, Bz is like Carmody minus the respectability part.

My God, it's come to us having a thread wishing we had Chris Collins. Let that soak in. Think about it. WTF has Ron Wellman done?

Hmmm ""When we went up there to visit [sophomore year]," Law Sr. told SI.com, "Carmody came across as arrogant -- like that the university would sell itself, and either you want to come here or you don't. And I'm saying to myself, 'You haven't won anything!' You had a sour taste in your mouth when you left, and to be honest with you, had Carmody still been there, we never would have considered Northwestern. Not ever. That's how bad it was for us."

Bill Carmody : Northwestern :: Jeff [Redacted] : Wake Forest

Chrissy is my least favorite Dukie of all time. If we hired him and our players started acted like Collins punks, I would be as miserable as I am now. It's a different, though equivalent evil in magnitude, to Bz.

Bill Carmody : Northwestern :: Jeff [Redacted] : Wake Forest

I mean not really. Northwestern is one of the top 5 worst high major basketball programs ever. Carmody's 0.475 was the 2nd best of any coach Northwestern has had since post-WW2. His record at Northwestern has been very Bzdelikan, but Northwestern is a huge step below Wake and even Colorado.

Honestly, a Grobe comparison is more apt, at least if you takeout the Orange Bowl year (ridiculous I know). Northwestern has never even made the NCAAT.

Last edited:
LOL. Anybody else pick up the "culture" and "foundation" references - borrowed from Eamon's work on Bz/Wake?

My God, it's come to us having a thread wishing we had Chris Collins. Let that soak in. Think about it. WTF has Ron Wellman done?

Almost word for word the thought I had once I got to liveanddie's post. Facepalm

You wouldn't trade Bzzz for Chrissy? Of course, I'd trade Bzzz for a Chimpanzee at this point.

Just lamenting where we are. Honestly, I just don't know if I could say "yes" to that. I have a visceral hatred of things-Duke. [Redacted], for all his bumbling and fucking goofiness obviously did not intend for this to happen- he hasn't acted with malice, just incompetence. Collins probably doesn't like Wake and intentionally fucked with us during his time at Duke.

It's all academic at this point anyway- there's zero chance he'd come here or be asked.

Just lamenting where we are. Honestly, I just don't know if I could say "yes" to that. I have a visceral hatred of things-Duke. [Redacted], for all his bumbling and fucking goofiness obviously did not intend for this to happen- he hasn't acted with malice, just incompetence. Collins probably doesn't like Wake and intentionally fucked with us during his time at Duke.

It's all academic at this point anyway- there's zero chance he'd come here or be asked.

Very true and honestly Collins along with Wojo would be my last choices if we had to have a coach from the Coach K coaching tree. I couldn't stand either one of those pricks when they played at Duke.

That certainly wasn't the intent of my post. My point was that the energy and leadership that Collins has brought to that program is exactly what ours is missing under Bz (and has been missing since Skip passed).

I mean not really. Northwestern is one of the top 5 worst high major basketball programs ever. Carmody's 0.475 was the 2nd best of any coach Northwestern has had since post-WW2. His record at Northwestern has been very Bzdelikan, but Northwestern is a huge step below Wake and even Colorado.

Honestly, a Grobe comparison is more apt, at least if you takeout the Orange Bowl year (ridiculous I know). Northwestern has never even made the NCAAT.

Look at Carmody's first eight years at Northwestern and tell me why, exactly, he should have been brought back year after year after year - all of the "success" that he had at Northwestern wasn't until ninth season on the job. That's what I'm referring to when I link him to Bz.

Back