• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ed Christman

BudatWake

Steve Lepore
Reaction score
Just heard that he passed away tonight, Christmas Eve. A true man of God and great Deacon!

RIP, Brother Ed. For at least a decade, and more likely longer, you were probably the only reason we managed to dodge full social probation.

Last edited:
An iconic spiritual presence that drew others to the love of Christ......

Last edited:
Brother Ed was a man of unyielding integrity,, expansive faith and the ability to make everyone feel special. He has been my friend for fifty years. He was one of God's greatest gifts to the WF family.

How old was he? He seemed pretty old even back in the 70s.
One of the icons at Wake.
Christmas Eve was an appropriate day for his passing...........

My reaction exactly and I was at Wake in the mid-80s. Got to know him a bit when I was there, and he was a cool and interesting guy. Must have lived a long life.

My condolences to his family. Wake lost a great man. He was among those who had a great impact on my Wake career as well. I saw and spoke to him when I was on campus just this past fall. I'm glad I got to speak with him one last time. He had that white hair and piercing blue eyes the whole time he was at Wake.

Being a legally blind partial albino is usually a bad combination for a youthful appearance. It was also the day after his wedding anniversary.

I was a Lambda Chi in the late 60s and Brother Ed was our advisor. He probably kept us out of a lot of trouble. He was one of my mentors . . . though he probably didn't know it. What a great man. R.I.P.

Back