• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ed Hardin

We don't want to play on the west coast again, after Stanford in '10. The fans and the team fell asleep at midnight EST, which was the 2nd qtr in Palo Alto. USU and ULM were done when we went to 12 game schedule and Air Force bailed. Three years ago we looked like an easy P5 game for some teams (Ole Miss, Purdue, Vandy, App) so they signed up. ECU were always made up of Eastern farm boys. We didn't schedule Top 10 teams because we don't need the money that we needed in the 70's. I'm fine with the formula we have (1 P5, 1 FCS, 2 G5) and I could care less if we give unc a rematch. Let us play outsiders in the Bowl game.

We didn't cancel the Army series in protest of their part in the Wakeyleaks scandal?

Seems like something that should have happened but we’d probably get bad press for cancelling with Army even if it’s because they were cheating.

We should stop scheduling FCS teams that are ranked. It doesn’t really matter but you don’t get any credit for playing a good FCS team v a bad one. Villanova is top 25 (Elon is too so I suppose we handle business well there).

Ranked FCS teams aren't nearly as good as they used to be. So many of the better programs have gone FBS that it has diluted the competition.

There are only 4 FCS teams ranked in the top 100.

Ranked FCS teams aren't nearly as good as they used to be. So many of the better programs have gone FBS that it has diluted the competition.

There are only 4 FCS teams ranked in the top 100.

Interesting stat, I did not know that.

Back