• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ed Schultz screws up

That makes her a blithering idiot.

We had a bad tornado in VA a month or so ago and all of the liberals were mad because the governor (a Republican) didn't drop everything he was doing and come out and look at the mess, so it cuts both ways.

This is just a bunch of conservative talking heads giving Obama the Katrina treatment. Sauce for the goose.

We had a bad tornado in VA a month or so ago and all of the liberals were mad because the governor (a Republican) didn't drop everything he was doing and come out and look at the mess, so it cuts both ways.

Where was the VA governor?

And it is different for governors than the president in these situations. Asking the president to cut short his foreign diplomacy for this doesn't make much sense. Asking a governor to visit a natural disaster in his state does.

Was that Glendale Springs right on I-81 in Virginia? I went throught there a few days after the tornado hit and that place was trashed.

This is just a bunch of conservative talking heads giving Obama the Katrina treatment. Sauce for the goose.

Then you must think that Shaq and Kate moss are equal in weight....they both have butts after all....

Was that Glendale Springs right on I-81 in Virginia? I went throught there a few days after the tornado hit and that place was trashed.

It was terrible. I saw a video where someone held their video camera out their car window as they were driving by; just awful.
But the disaster the Governor didn't immediately react to was in Pulaski.

The POTUS has more important things to do than run to every local disaster, especially one that happened after he had gone to Europe. He went to Joplin as soon as possible after he returned from his trip, and he didn't just wave from the plane while doing a Bush flyover. If he had come back early, all the conservatives would be bitching about his priorities and wasting taxpayer money. Meh.

What Ed did was stupid and uncalled for. Was he fired or just suspended?

Why does it seem like MSNBC is the only network who suspends hosts for saying dumb things?

Because on Fox News, saying dumb things is what they are paid to do.

What Ed did was stupid and uncalled for. Was he fired or just suspended?

Why does it seem like MSNBC is the only network who suspends hosts for saying dumb things?

Because that is the only network where they said dumb things.

Where was the VA governor?

And it is different for governors than the president in these situations. Asking the president to cut short his foreign diplomacy for this doesn't make much sense. Asking a governor to visit a natural disaster in his state does.

Unless the shoes are on the other foot (see Katrina), in which case the President is a racist.

Unless the shoes are on the other foot (see Katrina), in which case the President is a racist.

What country was he in during the days in which it was clear a big hurricane was going to hit Katrina? What country was he in when it happened?

What country was he in during the days in which it was clear a big hurricane was going to hit Katrina? What country was he in when it happened?

He was above sea-level, which is a smart place to be when it is clear a big hurricane was going to hit a low lying area.

But was he in another country when a random act of God hit or was he in the US during a week of lead up and evacuations to a major hurricane?

But was he in another country when a random act of God hit or was he in the US during a week of lead up and evacuations to a major hurricane?

I don't know, but I take it he was out of the country by the premise of your question.

Pretty weak way to weasel out of an argument you started.

Pretty weak way to weasel out of an argument you started.

Seriously, I don't know what point you are getting at. What does it matter what country he was physically in? I don't follow your argument, please elaborate.

Because it matters what the president was doing and how quickly he could get to the disaster. You said the shoe was on the other foot, implying that Bush and Katrina = Obama and Joplin. I say it doesn't for three reasons: (1) Bush knew Katrina was coming and Obama didn't, (2) Bush was in the US and Obama was conducting foreign diplomacy overseas, and (3) the size, magnitude, and federal role of the disasters were completely different.

You've done nothing to address these holes in your argument.

Back