• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

EFTON ELIGIBLE!!

I was 100% convinced the NCAA would deny the appeal, and being Wake Forest, the NCAA would make us sue them to get it... Which would likely take months, and be a collossal waste of time.

Have we ever started 2 five star recruits at the same time?

In the post-2000 era, we've had four consensus-ish 5 star recruits that I can think of: Chris Paul, Al Farouq-Aminu, Ty Walker, and Jaylen Hoard. For pre-2000, I think the list is basically Rodney Rogers and Loren Woods. So... AFA/Walker I think is the answer to this little nugget (for what little value it has given Ty Walker's inclusion).

Edit: Tony Woods was ranked a 5 star by some services as well, so that's actually 3 in the 2008 recruiting class alone.

I was 100% convinced the NCAA would deny the appeal, and being Wake Forest, the NCAA would make us sue them to get it... Which would likely take months, and be a collossal waste of time.

Aside from suing, that seems like what happened.

In the post-2000 era, we've had four consensus-ish 5 star recruits that I can think of: Chris Paul, Al Farouq-Aminu, Ty Walker, and Jaylen Hoard. For pre-2000, I think the list is basically Rodney Rogers and Loren Woods. So... AFA/Walker I think is the answer to this little nugget (for what little value it has given Ty Walker's inclusion).

Edit: Tony Woods was ranked a 5 star by some services as well, so that's actually 3 in the 2008 recruiting class alone.
And all the hype around AT&T.

Did not realize Walker ever started a game alongside AFA.

It’s so absurd that the NCAA has been playing God with these kids’ futures. How do you lean towards rejecting these waivers when not only did the NCAA not communicate the rules BEFORE the transfers, they didn’t even know what they were?! I’m so happy for Efton and still furious for all the ones who were rejected or are still pending.

And all the hype around AT&T.

Did not realize Walker ever started a game alongside AFA.
I'm not sure they ever actually did either, but that set of players would be the only possibility as an answer to the question.

It’s so absurd that the NCAA has been playing God with these kids’ futures. How do you lean towards rejecting these waivers when not only did the NCAA not communicate the rules BEFORE the transfers, they didn’t even know what they were?! I’m so happy for Efton and still furious for all the ones who were rejected or are still pending.
It almost feels like the NCAA guys sat around back in August, said “we know we’re going to approve this eventually but we want to see people work for it” and then sat back laughing for a couple months.

Did the other players who transferred from LSU when Efton did also get their waivers approved?

Back