• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Election Day 2018

Arizona only has a mandatory recount if the margin is within 0.1%.

https://ballotpedia.org/Recount_laws_in_Arizona

Looks like they can count 75,000 a day. There are 198,000 left. So if there is a significant swing for McSally, she is likely the winner.

Last edited:
Arizona just released today's vote count, and with 88% of the total vote now counted, Sinema's lead has grown to 28,500 votes. Unfortunately, most of the remaining 12% will favor McSally, according to some articles I've read, because the votes to be released starting tomorrow were done on election day, and those votes have favored McSally thus far. Tomorrow's vote total released at 7 will be huge, and may well indicate who will win.

McSally is getting thumped in her home county.

McSally is getting thumped in her home county.

Yeah, that's been great news. Most of the remaining votes are in Maricopa County. From what I've read Sinema is favored to win, but tomorrow's vote totals from Maricopa will probably cut into her lead. How much, no one seems to know. If Sinema still has a decent lead after tomorrow's vote report, she's in really good shape.

ETA: Based on ph's post, if there's 198,000 votes left, and Sinema currently has a 28,500 vote lead, McSally would need to win between 57 and 58 percent of the remaining 198,000 ballots to win. Doable, but tough. We'll find out tomorrow, I guess.

Last edited:
Over a third of the remaining ballots should be in tomorrow so if Sinema’s lead shrinks below 20,000, she should be concerned.

How does Brenda Snipes still have her job?

No idea. She was appointed by Jeb Bush and won re-election four times.

Supervisor of Election races don’t draw much attention. Either that or she rigged her own election. Who knows?

Yeah, that's been great news. Most of the remaining votes are in Maricopa County. From what I've read Sinema is favored to win, but tomorrow's vote totals from Maricopa will probably cut into her lead. How much, no one seems to know. If Sinema still has a decent lead after tomorrow's vote report, she's in really good shape.

ETA: Based on ph's post, if there's 198,000 votes left, and Sinema currently has a 28,500 vote lead, McSally would need to win between 57 and 58 percent of the remaining 198,000 ballots to win. Doable, but tough. We'll find out tomorrow, I guess.

30K votes as of 1 pm est.
https://www.wthitv.com/content/national/500239671.html

The latest AZ vote release is out (7 PM), and Sinema now leads by 33,000 votes with 90% of all votes counted, per CNN. Her lead is slowly growing instead of shrinking. Not over yet, but it's looking better and better for Sinema. I wonder how the Donald will take this unpleasant news.

Good news!

I don't think anything has been called. It certainly looks good for Sinema.

I’ve seen the rumor that McSally will be appointed to replace Kyl in several places. Seems dumb for a red state to appoint a Republican who lost in 2018 to defend a seat in 2020.

Only in FL would Rick Scott ever have been elected to anything. He was CEO of the company that committed that committed the biggest, continuing fraud in US healthcare history. They had to pay more than $1.5 BILLION in fines, but that was OK with FL.

Of course, he supports Trump. Thieves rally around each other.

And the Georgia gubernatorial election rolls on. Stacey Abrams is at 48.8%, Brian Kemp at 50.3%. Abrams and the GA Dem Party have filed a lawsuit over provisional and disqualified ballots trying to get Kemp's total under 50% and force a runoff.

Those are the numbers from Election Night, right? Does it include any additional counts?

Another AZ update should be coming at 1 pm.

Back