• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Election Day 2018

i already agreed it's a dumb, archaic way to validate ballots

but take it up with the banking industry as well

Take what up with the banking industry ? Is having your check go through part of the Bill of Rights ?

Seems like this should be a non issue as it should break evenly between Dem and Pubs on invalidated ballots, so it’s a wash.

I don't think you get my point.

no, but the idea of using a signature is not exactly an anomaly. it is weird to me, though, when electronic signatures are considered legal

Using a signature isn't the problem, throwing out ballots where the signature doesn't match is.

My signature has changed over the years, but I've never had a check or credit card payment denied because my signature didn't match something I signed years ago.

where does the signature come from? I assume the one used for validation is from the driver's license, which is renewed every 4 years

Church Loses Status As Polling Place Over Controversial Sign

A New Port Richey church has lost its status as a Pasco County polling place due to a controversial sign placed on the property.

https://patch.com/florida/carrollwo...pXXSJBKt7iTghwubp0lKQXsg1fo1b9cgZE3K-R3BmalZ0

WTF did Jesus say about abortions, same-sex marriage, and open borders?

I hadn't really thought about it before this election, but using churches as polling places directly conflicts with separation of church and state. It could explain some late movement to Republicans in elections. People plan to vote Dem and then show up at a church which subconsciously primes them to vote Republican.

What a shocker - New Port Richey. That whole area of Pasco County just totally sucks. I get dragged down there every Thanksgiving and Christmas, and I never get used to how dumpy it is. If you created a town out of a Trump rally, that area is exactly what you would get.

Seems like this should be a non issue as it should break evenly between Dem and Pubs on invalidated ballots, so it’s a wash.

Doesn't matter if it washes out equally Dem and Pub, what matters is that people's votes are not being counted for stupid reasons. Under your theory the entire electorate of Florida is a wash since the broke evenly between Dem and Pub. May as well not hold elections since it's usually a wash.

Maybe in your state...

Yeah I just looked at mine and I received it May 2014 and it doesn't need to be renewed until next October.

For the non-math heads, that's nearly 5.5 years.

Also, when adding this to ITC's not being able to comprehend why undergraduates don't get new licenses when going to out-of-state colleges, I think we need to dispense with civics lessons and give DMV lessons.

I posted this on the mid-terms thread. But it fits here better.

RE: Dismissing Ballots on signature basis- If poll people are allowed to do this, it should be the law that they try to contact those who were denied by phone, text and email. At the same time, it should be a matter of law to have a website and other publications listing all those who have been denied. It should be easily searchable.

Without these safeguards, races can be fixed.

Arizona just released the new totals in the Senate race based on the votes counted today. Sinema's lead over McSally has grown from 9,000 to over 20,000 votes. Still hundreds of thousands of votes left to count, but that's certainly good news for the Democrats.

Doesn't matter if it washes out equally Dem and Pub, what matters is that people's votes are not being counted for stupid reasons. Under your theory the entire electorate of Florida is a wash since the broke evenly between Dem and Pub. May as well not hold elections since it's usually a wash.

I don’t get your point. As long as there is no correlation between party affiliation and signature validation issues, then it shouldn’t effect the outcome of the election. If 50.1% of people voted for for a candidate throwing a couple ballots out is not going to change the outcome of the election.

Tin foil hat wearing posters were saying that republicans specifically were suppressing the vote, because election officials couldn’t validate signatures. That is looney tunes.

How is that looney toons?

How could you not think people who have been suppressing votes since more people besides themselves had the right to vote wouldn’t throw out votes for arbitrary reasons? You’re not dumb, catamount.

Last edited:
I don’t get your point. As long as there is no correlation between party affiliation and signature validation issues, then it shouldn’t effect the outcome of the election. If 50.1% of people voted for for a candidate throwing a couple ballots out is not going to change the outcome of the election.

Tin foil hat wearing posters were saying that republicans specifically were suppressing the vote, because election officials couldn’t validate signatures. That is looney tunes.

If election officials decided to throw out 10,000 votes just because they want to, you think that’s ok as long as there are about 5K for each major party. That doesn’t strike me as the way elections are supposed to work. Count every vote.

No updates from Broward? I thought they were due at 7:00.

Back