• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Elizabeth Warren asks why is Obama appointing so many people from Citigroup

don't understand the constant arguments over whether Obama's failures are all the fault of Republicans or all the fault of Obama. If I saw two drunks fighting in an alley, I would assume both of them made some pretty bad choices. Was Obama a lousy leader on Obamacare and other issues? Yes. Have the Republicans been historically hyper-obstructive and seized up by their own Tea Party issues? Yes. Both of these things are part of the problem and if either one of them were different we'd be in a totally different situation vis a vis Obamacare and other major issues.

don't understand the constant arguments over whether Obama's failures are all the fault of Republicans or all the fault of Obama. If I saw two drunks fighting in an alley, I would assume both of them made some pretty bad choices. Was Obama a lousy leader on Obamacare and other issues? Yes. Have the Republicans been historically hyper-obstructive and seized up by their own Tea Party issues? Yes. Both of these things are part of the problem and if either one of them were different we'd be in a totally different situation vis a vis Obamacare and other major issues.

/thread

^ I agree with that.

I have a hard time with "we are going obstruct as hard as we can, and if you can't overcome it then you are a terrible leader." That is some shit that someone who has never led anything says.

Could not agree more.

Personally I think Elizabeth Warren is at least as FOS as any other politician and maybe moreso. Her populist spiel plays very well with the left, but it is the same politics of victimization and scapegoating others for your problems. And she and her Harvard prof husband have done quite well for themselves from their academic ivory tower. Her claims that she isn't a member of the 1% is laughable. Limousine liberal to the core.

CL, you don't believe people are causing problems in the financial sector?

I think that with most bubbles there are plenty of factors that went into their creation (government included) and plenty of people who benefited. When the bubble bursts, Washington politicians are very adept at blaming others and grandstanding.

I think that with most bubbles there are plenty of factors that went into their creation (government included) and plenty of people who benefited. When the bubble bursts, Washington politicians are very adept at blaming others and grandstanding.

And the financial sector is very good at accepting responsibility and not deflecting blame?

Elizabeth Warren on Diane Rehm now.

Where do people expect the leaders of economic/financial government agencies to come from? Its pretty much either a) academia or b) Wall St. There aren't a lot very smart, qualified individuals other places.

Wall Street gobbling up talent is part of the problem. Foxes guarding the hen house isn't a solution.

Give me the people from Wall St over the academics.

Our best and brightest all go into the financial sector. It's out of whack.

fin-profits-gdp-1-13c.jpg

Note to self: funny money printed up by the Federal Reserve goes directly into the pockets of rich Wall Streeters. I bet they can't wait for the next "crisi".

This is where the outrage from the right - the freedom-fighters and guarders of liberty - should be focused like a laser. Instead, gays and Benghazi aftermath talk shows. The money is being squeezed to the top in every conceivable way.

Engineering departments are losing good students to the B-school and Wall Street is snapping up the top engineering talent. The people who could actually build things in this economy are working for the pencil pushers and moneychangers.

Engineering departments are losing good students to the B-school and Wall Street is snapping up the top engineering talent. The people who could actually build things in this economy are working for the pencil pushers and moneychangers.

And building aboslutely nothing. Except for a bubble that's going to explode all over their grandchildren's quality of life. Throw in the staggering year-to-year growth of the social inequality divide as well.

But hey man, you gotta get your's! And you can keep your liberal street cred as long as you blindly vote Democratic and are willing to fein outrage at the right social events.

Even our intelligent, well intentioned youth are fucking us.

And building aboslutely nothing. Except for a bubble that's going to explode all over their grandchildren's quality of life. Throw in the staggering year-to-year growth of the social inequality divide as well.

But hey man, you gotta get your's! And you can keep your liberal street cred as long as you blindly vote Democratic and are willing to fein outrage at the right social events.

Even our intelligent, well intentioned youth are fucking us.

agreed agreed agreed. Its all about the Benjamins.

Its outrageous how this country's troubles are pinned on the poor and on government - when all the control and money (ie power) is in the hands of bankers and wall streeters and they are profiting out the ass.

But by all means, lets get to the bottom of Susan Rice's roundtable comments!! And hell no, no raise in the minimum wage and no more unemployment bennies!!!

Last edited:
Back