• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Email from Ron and Jim

I didn't mind the email. It was nice to see them acknowledge the issue, but I also understand that some things can't be released for privacy reasons.

My only complaint is that they should have a better email system. There should be no reason that recipients get 2 emails. This email was sent out to Season Ticket Holders and Deacon Club. If you are both, you got 2 copies of the email. The only difference was the header. Thankfully, those that received 2 emails are likely loyal/diehard supporters and won't mark the emails as spam.

LEGALIZE IT. DONT CRITICIZE IT.
DOCTORS SMOKE IT
. JUDGES SMOKE IT. EVEN THE LAWYERS TOO.

That's not the point, the players knew it was wrong and knew the consequences if they got caught and did it anyway. It's about having enough respect for your teammates, coaches and even yourself to follow the rules. Even if they legalize it, what's to say coaches won't still make it against team rules to smoke it or whatever.

Did anyone else get a call from the DC shortly after the Maryland game? They are in complete damage control mode at this point.

We're going to tell you the reasons it happened...WAIT NO WE AREN'T...but I bet you all read the whole e-mail...smh

That's not the point, the players knew it was wrong and knew the consequences if they got caught and did it anyway. It's about having enough respect for your teammates, coaches and even yourself to follow the rules. Even if they legalize it, what's to say coaches won't still make it against team rules to smoke it or whatever.

I agree but this is being blown out of proportion. I am all about high academic standards because that is what it should be about but I couid give a shit about cannabis useage. Hell it is better for the aches and pains than the medical industrial complex sanctioned poisons they get in the form of painkillers

I agree but this is being blown out of proportion. I am all about high academic standards because that is what it should be about but I couid give a shit about cannabis useage. Hell it is better for the aches and pains than the medical industrial complex sanctioned poisons they get in the form of painkillers

But that's not the point. They know what's right and what's wrong. Even if it were underage alcohol consumption it would still be wrong in the sense that they knew they couldn't do it.

After seeing Wake struggle to beat Liberty and Army, get trounced by FSU, and lose to Duke, we can't really blame the suspended players for the loss to Maryland.

The Coaches hold ultimately responsible for the program and that includes the players' behavior on and off the field. The Coaches need to get control of this team or Wake needs to get Coaches that can.

You very well may be right there, no doubt a lot of the legal stuff is probably just as bad for you or worse even. Still, the problem is having this many guys basically not respecting their scholarships, teammates, fans, themselves, etc. to prohibit themselves from doing things that will get them suspended from the team. It's not so much what their indiscretion was, but the fact that you had 6 guys get suspended for it and then 2 more knotheads getting suspended for basically the same thing less than a week later. In fact you could even say Lowe and Mack took it up another level by getting arrested.

Wasn't Billings unofficially let go because he's was supposedly recruiting kids that maybe weren't as high a character as what Wellman and Grobe wanted? Anybody know of the 8 so far, how many were recruited by Billings?

After seeing Wake struggle to beat Liberty and Army, get trounced by FSU, and lose to Duke, we can't really blame the suspended players for the loss to Maryland.

The Coaches hold ultimately responsible for the program and that includes the players' behavior on and off the field. The Coaches need to get control of this team or Wake needs to get Coaches that can.

You can add up all 8 that have been suspended so far and we don't miss that whole group as much as we miss Camp. We had enough on the field to beat Maryland and just didn't get it done.

Love this email.

Grobie is the man. Wellman's still on the hotseat for Bzzdumbass.

I fear that the narrative is being crafted that the reason this season fell apart was a few "knotheads" who cost us, thus absolving the coaches of any major responsibility.

Is he saying that we recruited good kids who simply made stupid mistakes, or is he saying that recruiting is not an exact science and that we recruited bad seeds? He seems to imply both. Even if it's true (which I have no basis for judging), implying the latter seems like a terrible idea.

I fear that the narrative is being crafted that the reason this season fell apart was a few "knotheads" who cost us, thus absolving the coaches of any major responsibility.

Wellman has some experience with that one. Then next year's narrative will be "We don't have the depth, but we've got a great class coming in next year".

Wellman has some experience with that one. Then next year's narrative will be "We don't have the depth, but we've got a great class coming in next year".

Sounds legit. I can't wait till 2014, even if we are going to be young that season. But 2015?? WATCH OUT!

I feel like my entire Wake fanhood has been filled with stories of just wait until 2 years from now. I remember freshman year (02-03) when my friends and I were like, "man when we are juniors chris paul is going to lead us to a championship and if he doesnt do it that year he will do it the next!"

It seems like it is a scapegoat for not winning. We refuse to compromise our values for winning. However before any of these problems we weren't winning either. So we are just a bunch of losers without compromised values. What is driving these kids now to do this instead of before? Why are players transferring? Why aren't we winning? Those are more important.

I don't think these kid were getting high for medicinal reasons.

buckets uses weed for medicinal purposes. he seems to think it will reverse his baldness.

bullets on the other hand just loves to get high. and fuck bitches.

For once I would like either Wellman or Grobe to take some accountability for what happens on the field and in terms of recruiting. Not just in terms of character, but in terms of talent. The phrase "it's not an exact science" is just an excuse for not having either. If these two are going to be getting paid handsomely, then they better be producing excellent results. I look at the ACC as a football conference this year and it's a joke. It's pathetic that with our schedule we can't make a bowl.

Back