• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Embarrassing

James Franklin on ESPN First Take today. Skip slurping him and now they are taking First Take to Nashville this fall (Bayless is alum).

Awesome.

I went to Lids at Broadway at the Beach (MB) looking to see what kind of Wake hats they had. They only had one cheesy white hay with WF logo. I asked the guy why they didn't have anything but that one hat. His response..."let's be honest. Wake sucks and nobody wants their stuff as long as they are bad. Bring Chris Paul back and merchandise will start flowing again." However, I had my choice of 3 styles of Boise State hats. Boise-friggin-State people...3 styles. I saw a very minimal amount of Wake stuff in other stores but it mostly looked generic and was hard to find. Glad to see Ron & Jeff have advanced Wake's reputation. What a joke.

Ok, to explain the Ohio thing...I'm NOT from Ohio. I'm from western North Carolina (Rutherford County specifically). 7.5 years ago I got a job that required my relo to the Dayton area. I don't wear black socks and sandals. I went to Myrtle Beach because that is where my wife's family (from Greensboro their entire life) wanted to go this year. Geez, some of you people need to take your diapers off and put on some big boy pants with some of the comments you have made on this thread.

I started the thread, not necessarily because Lids didn't carry Wake stuff, but because of the comment the associate made (even though one idiot called me a liar). It is the reputation that Wake now has as a pathetic sports team instead of being one that is feared. We are the laughingstock of the ACC and with new members coming into the conference, it will just get worse without major changes. Remember when Wake was a team that Dick, Goats, and the rest didn't want to play? Now, they are using an ink pen to put a "W" in the column when they see WF on the schedule.

The White Fence gang in East LA. Anyone remember that CNN story where they were wearing Wake gear?
White Fence, also known by the acronym WF, is one of the oldest East Los Angeles street gangs...White Fence members use the numbers 2306, the 23 for the letter W and the 06 for the letter F respectively. They are also known for wearing Los Angeles Dodgers, Wake Forest, and Oakland Raiders gear.
l.jpg

Last edited:
Ok, to explain the Ohio thing...I'm NOT from Ohio. I'm from western North Carolina (Rutherford County specifically). 7.5 years ago I got a job that required my relo to the Dayton area. I don't wear black socks and sandals. I went to Myrtle Beach because that is where my wife's family (from Greensboro their entire life) wanted to go this year. Geez, some of you people need to take your diapers off and put on some big boy pants with some of the comments you have made on this thread.

I started the thread, not necessarily because Lids didn't carry Wake stuff, but because of the comment the associate made (even though one idiot called me a liar). It is the reputation that Wake now has as a pathetic sports team instead of being one that is feared. We are the laughingstock of the ACC and with new members coming into the conference, it will just get worse without major changes. Remember when Wake was a team that Dick, Goats, and the rest didn't want to play? Now, they are using an ink pen to put a "W" in the column when they see WF on the schedule.

Jesus dude. You need to wash that Myrtle Beach sand out of your vagina.

banning deacs and dayton from my town. he probably drank bud light limes anyway.

I went to Lids at Broadway at the Beach (MB) looking to see what kind of Wake hats they had. They only had one cheesy white hay with WF logo. I asked the guy why they didn't have anything but that one hat. His response..."let's be honest. Wake sucks and nobody wants their stuff as long as they are bad. Bring Chris Paul back and merchandise will start flowing again." However, I had my choice of 3 styles of Boise State hats. Boise-friggin-State people...3 styles. I saw a very minimal amount of Wake stuff in other stores but it mostly looked generic and was hard to find. Glad to see Ron & Jeff have advanced Wake's reputation. What a joke.

What are you looking for, I can maybe send you mine before I ship all the merchandise to Hatch with a check for $0.01....

When we won the ACC title in football there was a big increase in the Wake gear I would see around at different stores/shops and I would at least one person wearing something Wake Forest no matter where I went. Now, it is slowly going back to where it is used to be, where it was hard to find Wake stuff outside of Winston-Salem and the Triad.

Back