• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Embarrassing

Because Aaron Curry and Josh Howard jerseys were selling like hotcakes in NYC??? CP3 jerseys did appear, I will surely give you that. But if you blinked you missed it. They certainly weren't replaced with James Johnson and Teague jerseys. I guess you could argue that if we had made a Final 4 with them they might have ... there's not too many folks that were running around in Wake lids because they loved CP3. It's just not that type of branding you get with Wake. Have ever got with Wake. There was a rapper or two who wore a jersey, but it was almost done in mock jest

You didn't say in NYC. You said "anywhere."

I would look online. You can buy Wake stuff there.

I got news for you, 10 years when Wake was fer schnitzel, you couldn't buy Wake stuff anywhere either. I take that back, I could buy a Tim Duncan jersey in Union Square NYC, but that had nothing to do with what was happening then. It's just the way it is. Right now, there's a commercial on like 30 times a day with a Wake Forest jersey and #3 going in for a layup. Still doesn't matter.

Folks buy Boise State shit because they like the bronco. Nobody buys Wake gear because they like the Deacon mug. Vanderbilt has had a nice run the last several years and you can't buy Commodore shit anywhere other than Nashville either.

Agree with BBD. That's not true at all. In ATL during the Skip Prosser years, you could find Wake hats in a lot of places. None now (probably why ATL is a city in decline). But also that Wake is a program in decline.

Wake merch has been disappearing from shelves in the past few years. The alumni hall store in Raleigh used to carry Wake stuff, but they stopped and replaced it with App State merch a few years ago. I did find a Wake hate in a Sheetz near Durham, though (that's not a joke).

The store in Hanes Mall did the same thing - 50% off Wake stuff last December to make room for App St/Duke/UNC/etc.

Well in Hanes there are about 5 different stores, including the Deacon Shop, to get Wake stuff. Not a lot of market share left for them, probably a smart move.

I would look online. You can buy Wake stuff there.

I got news for you, 10 years when Wake was fer schnitzel, you couldn't buy Wake stuff anywhere either. I take that back, I could buy a Tim Duncan jersey in Union Square NYC, but that had nothing to do with what was happening then. It's just the way it is. Right now, there's a commercial on like 30 times a day with a Wake Forest jersey and #3 going in for a layup. Still doesn't matter.

Folks buy Boise State shit because they like the bronco. Nobody buys Wake gear because they like the Deacon mug. Vanderbilt has had a nice run the last several years and you can't buy Commodore shit anywhere other than Nashville either.

When wake was awesome the Lids and other sports stores throughout nc had a ton of stuff. The stores in the triangle had as many wake hats as duke hats. It disappeared once we started sucking.

There are a handful of sports stores in Omaha that carry Wake hats...I have no idea why they have Wake hats...but they do.

You didn't say in NYC. You said "anywhere."

I also didn't say Aaron Curry and Josh Howard, I said Wake stuff. Maybe there's been a pull back in North Carolina since we stopped being successful in football and hoops, and if true, then Atlanta and the core of ACC country would have been affected. I don't think they were selling Wake stuff in most of Florida when we were good and certainly not after. I can sort of speak for Baltimore up into NYC, some of Cali, none of the midwest or pac northwest, and in Cali and the Northeast, you couldn't buy Wake before and you can't buy it now. Ditto for Vanderbilt and OU Sooner and KU Jayhawk, etc... There are only a handful of brands sellable nationally. Boise State got a nice bump from those Nike unis and helmet, but they had to get to #1 or #2 ranking to get that Nike deal ...

DND, I feel your pain. I can find any SEC or ACC school memorabilia here in south GA, except for Wake. If there were more demand for it, it would be there. There isn't - for the most part - because we are a small school and our teams suck.

As sad as the sports store arguments are, just Google Wake hats and buy them online.

(DemunDeacon RIP)

Buying a fitted hat severely limits your selection on an already limited supply.

Plenty of people buy clothing in their size online and send it back if it doesn't fit.

for fuck's sake. Wear a straw hat and buy a fucking Wake t-shirt then.

FFS, the point is that I can walk into a store and buy anyone else's shit. I'd like to be able to do the same with my alma mater.

Back