• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Enfield to Southern Cal

I've RSVPed for the NY one on the 4/15. I've just begun the process of crafting that perfect subtle-but-still-condescending-and-disdainful question to pose to ze Jeffster when he gets up there.

Yep - this is my approach. I'm going to start a new thread so we can keep track. I want to know how this goes for other cities. Even guerilla marketing needs a little organization and communication coordination.

You do realize that posts like those make it less likely that [Redacted] will actually show up himself. The best way is not to post anything publicly.

1)Hot wife is not that into Hollywood or they would already be there. Neither needed the FGCU money or job, they chose to live there.

2)Tax bracket. If he is making the same money at FSU as USC he keeps a lot more living in Florida, not to mention his outside income which might equal his salary.

3)LA aint for everyone, maybe he loves it, maybe he does not. He will soon become a small fish in a big pond.

FWIW I have no information on the Enfield's situation, nor do I care, but the Tax advantages are something I think could be a big difference.

Why do you think he would want to go to FSU from USC? They're both very similar - both football schools where basketball is a distant 2nd. I think there's greater potential to build a strong program at USC actually.

The taxes are only one problem. That house he's selling for $675,000 in Florida would easily cost double that in LA. For him to find a nice place to live will mean he will have a minimum of a 30-45 minute commute each way without traffic. He's not going to want his family to visit him at the office as USC is in South Central.

USC's address may be Los Angeles but it is in a ghetto with lots of gangbangers all around.

You do realize that posts like those make it less likely that [Redacted] will actually show up himself. The best way is not to post anything publicly.

Yes, but does that not send as strong as, if not more strong message than if he did show up. A leader always faces its audience in good times and bad. As unhappy as I am with Wellman, at least he made an effort. I want to see that from Bzzz. It is a test.

[Redacted] cancelled on these DC meetings after years 1 and 2 as well, and that was without any sort of threats from this message board about asking him tough questions.

Umm, Bz does not read the internet.

Why does anyone think Enfield is all that good a coach ? Been a Head Coach for two years, has had one winning record, and made a very nice NCAA tourney run.

Is there anything other than his wife and the fact that he's not Bzzz that would make anyone really want him at Wake ? I want to see what he does at USC before i determine if he's any good or not.

Wake can't be that picky anymore.

That assumes that they are headed straight down the losers bracket as well.

Rest of the field is Kansas, Michigan State, Villanova (TC!), Tennessee, Xavier, and UTEP. So there is a pretty good chance USC ends up in the losers bracket.

Why does anyone think Enfield is all that good a coach ? Been a Head Coach for two years, has had one winning record, and made a very nice NCAA tourney run.

Is there anything other than his wife and the fact that he's not Bzzz that would make anyone really want him at Wake ? I want to see what he does at USC before i determine if he's any good or not.

He checks all the boxes. He's business savvy, he was a stud recruiter at FSU, he recruited his wife (srsly this counts for something), he's great with media, and he plays a style of basketball that is attractive to recruits and TV. Also, he's hustled his way to the top, starting as a shooting coach. Reminds me a little of Eric Spoelstra.

Like bmoney said, this guy is a hustler. If USC makes the NIT next year, he'll be open to substantially larger offers. He will listen to them even if it's only to get USC to pay him more.

Why be gunshy? It was obvious that Bzzz was a losing proposition from the second we hired him.

Nothing is certain, but I think the likelihood of Enfield being a success is high.

I'm really surprised he only got $1.25M. They offered Dixon double that. I realize Dixon would get more but not that much.

I read somewhere USC has only made the Sweet 16 twice since 1961.

Back