• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Eric Katenda update

Rain predicted for the weekend, hope that changes. There's really nothing better than a warm spring weekend on campus. The place practically sells itself when that happens.

After doing a little reading on Katenda here and on ESPN, I would love to get this kid. Seems like there's a lot of upside here, as well as some things that he could immediately contribute.

Katenda sure will solve our big man/rebounding problems, that's for damned sure...

We just need really good rebounders. A couple more guys like Travis and we won't have to worry about that anymore.

A coach who doesn't have all 5 guys getting back on defense rather than crashing the offensive glass might be helpful as well...

Yep. Economically, it seems like the best to be worried about getting the ball in your own basket is when the ball is close to the basket, as opposed to be worried about it going to the basket 94 feet away. Devoting reasonable resources toward getting the ball into the basket is a competent strategy.

Just to confirm Katenda is indeed visiting this weekend. Expect Travis to play the role of "host." The staff is going "all in" on this one, with Coach Battle running point. Notre Dame losing last week was big in my opinion, so cross your fingers!

Helps a lot that Travis is out front imo.

Hope we can land this guy and LeKan. Scholly will be opened up with Stews departure.

Katenda sure will solve our big man/rebounding problems, that's for damned sure...

I think he'd be a great get, but isn't he more of a perimeter player naturally? I think he will help immensely and I hope we get him and I REALLY want him to be a deac, but solve all our big man problems?

I think he'd be a great get, but isn't he more of a perimeter player naturally? I think he will help immensely and I hope we get him and I REALLY want him to be a deac, but solve all our big man problems?

His offensive game is more perimeter oriented but he's also been described as a "prolific" rebounder....

Sounds good to me. I still would love to have an offensive big man to draw some attention inside, but it looks like having Carson, Ty, and hopefully Jankovic, we're going to focus on the high post.

Just to confirm Katenda is indeed visiting this weekend. Expect Travis to play the role of "host." The staff is going "all in" on this one, with Coach Battle running point. Notre Dame losing last week was big in my opinion, so cross your fingers!

Sounds like the best strategy we could have. Hope McKie and Battle can sell him!

If we get Lekan and Katenda, there is no room for Jankovic.

If we get Katenda and Melvin keeps improving, we need a big not another PF.

If Katenda comes and Melvin stays, we have to keep the last scholarship for a center.

If weget Katenda and Melvin stays (which it looks like he is doing all the right things- good for him), then why get Jankovic and have zero real centers for the next couple of years?

How many college teams have legit centers these days?

I'll take two awesome PF's at the 4 and 5 than a mediocre center any day.

How many college teams have legit centers these days?

I'll take two awesome PF's at the 4 and 5 than a mediocre center any day.

This is pretty accurate. You don't see too many Roy Hibberts out there anymore. Teams just stock up on big PF bodies and exchange them in and out of the game.

True. Ohio State doesn't have a C listed on their roster this year. Sullinger is the biggest guy on the team but he is generously listed at 6'9'' with a great frame. He is still ultimately a PF.

UCLA is probably the only team with a true center out there that I can think of off the top of my head.

Back