• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Eric Katenda update

Can Bzzz bring in Hatch to explain to Katenda why Wake is a better choice than ND? :thumbsup:

Last edited:
The difference between a C and a PF is subjective. Zeller is listed as a F on ESPN as well. I don't think there are enough people out there with the requisite size and skill to really be a C to fill all the open spots. The C position is awfully weak in college and the NBA.

For those worried about the *'s, Katenda is listed as a 4* according to the article on Blogger So Dear...

We've been pretty heavily recruiting Katenda since at least last summer. So it didn't come from left field if one follows our recruiting and yes the odds are pretty good that we get him. Better than 50/50 I think.

I agree that they're better than 50/50 at this point, but not much better than 50/50. He (did) seem to really like Notre Dame too. Them losing was the best thing that can happen.

In the end, I like the chances of our staff vs. their staff. Say what you want about [Redacted] and Co., but Mike Brey isn't exactly a world-beater when it comes to recruiting. Hell, 2 key pieces of their team this year were transfers (Hansbrough and Scott Martin).

We've been pretty heavily recruiting Katenda since at least last summer. So it didn't come from left field if one follows our recruiting and yes the odds are pretty good that we get him. Better than 50/50 I think.

I guess the phrase "left field" was wrong. I know he was a target, but I just meant I hadn't seen or heard anything about him recently.

This is not to completely discredit DeaconKing, but I have heard that Travis McKie will not be hosting Eric Katenda. I do not know who will be hosting him, but I was told that it is NOT Travis McKie. Just to clear things up.

The only reason I say this is that Blogger So Dear had that McKie was hosting as well, and I wanted to scrap that in the dirt.

Are the chances of landing him as good as people are making it seem? This came out of left field, it seems like to me.

This is not from "left field". We have been on Katenda since last summer, and I believe since before he got sick.

It was originally stated that McKie would be hosting, but that is incorrect. Can't post things I discovered from NK though.

Back