• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

ESPN after Week 1 bowl projections

One bowl projection I saw had UNC playing in two bowls-- same guy picked them in two different bowls! :) I agree I thought USC looked terrible, I doubt they get 6 wins
Which bowls? Toilet and Tidey?

Some of these guys should just farm it out to the office interns.

I wouldn't mind playing the Gamecocks, as some have mentioned. We haven't beaten them since the Ford administration. Chuck Mills did something right.

South Carolina isn't going to a bowl. Their senior QB is injured, out for at least 6 weeks. They are starting a freshman QB now. They'll be 4-8 at best this year, and Muschamp will be on the chopping block. They suck. Sadly for us, if we make a bowl appearance, it'll be against somebody better than South Carolina.

South Carolina isn't going to a bowl. Their senior QB is injured, out for at least 6 weeks. They are starting a freshman QB now. They'll be 4-8 at best this year, and Muschamp will be on the chopping block. They suck. Sadly for us, if we make a bowl appearance, it'll be against somebody better than South Carolina.

A mediocre SEC team would be my choice. Get the cachet of knocking off an SEC team. But beating them may be easier than beating a G-5 team looking to knock off a P-5 team (like USU was).

We knocked off A&M and didn't get much from it.

If you play an SEC team in a bowl north of Atlanta then it didn't really happen.

Biff has taught me well

A mediocre SEC team would be my choice. Get the cachet of knocking off an SEC team. But beating them may be easier than beating a G-5 team looking to knock off a P-5 team (like USU was).

The Sporting News and Sports Illustrated has us play Arkansas in Shrevesport.

If you play an SEC team in a bowl north of Atlanta then it didn't really happen.

Biff has taught me well

Like most bowl games, no one will care five minutes after it's over.

it was sort of a blank for Texas A&M since they were just waiting for Jimbo. I was at the game but from what I remember they had him in the booth for a good portion of the game and they talked about the future but not the game at hand.

it was sort of a blank for Texas A&M since they were just waiting for Jimbo. I was at the game but from what I remember they had him in the booth for a good portion of the game and they talked about the future but not the game at hand.

What should have been some good publicity for Wake with a come from behind victory over Texas A&M was upstaged. All the publicity was focused on the savior coach in waiting who was on the press box! The actual game and the outcome, that "mighty" Texas A&M lost to li'l ol' Wake Forest was mostly buried in the Jimbo hype.

That will be a tough lift with a $22 million buyout. AD needs to be hunting for work after giving Muschamp a raise and extension after that debacle against the Hoos in last year's Belk Bowl.

What kind of AD gives a coach without a proven track record a massive extension? Can't imagine being a fan of a school like that, must be so frustrating.

Oh, I didn't realize this was bkf, who told us Clawson would never have a winning season. Now he is back when Clawson is looking for his 4th consecutive bowl win to poor mouth his alma mater.

Back