• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

ESPN Bowl Mania Show, no Hartman???

liveanddiedeac

Reaction score
On ESPN’s bowl preview show they just said Hartman is not playing in the bowl game, has this been reported anywhere else?

On ESPN’s bowl preview show they just said Hartman is not playing in the bowl game, has this been reported anywhere else?
He was in the pictures from practice that I saw today or yesterday suited up and slinging it around.

He was in the pictures from practice that I saw today or yesterday suited up and slinging it around.
That is what I thought, but Tom Lugenbill said Hartman wasn’t playing and Mitch Griffis would be running our slow mesh. It wouldn’t be the first or last time ESPN was full of it though.

If Hartman doesn't play, assuming he did take a one-year deal at another school and part tof he agreement is to sit out.

It sounded like he was definitely playing when Clawson last spoke about it.

There is no way that ESPN is reporting this accurately while neither Les or Conor say a word.

I’m sure that Les or Conor would have shared this before ESPN, so I’m skeptical

Have admittedly been shut off from phone/internet for most of the day ... but I'd be shocked if Hartman doesn't play in the bowl game.

We're five days removed from Clawson's, "Sam's a guy that's going to finish what he started," which followed Clawson saying the staff has been told he's playing in the game. Things could've changed between now and then ... I'd doubt it, though.

Just chatted briefly with Luginbill who initially said "our research may have had it incorrect," and then when I added Hartman was pictured practicing with the team Friday said "Ok, then we were incorrect." He said it's very difficult to do these shows in advance with all the opts outs and transfer portal announcements.

Just chatted briefly with Luginbill who initially said "our research may have had it incorrect," and then when I added Hartman was pictured practicing with the team Friday said "Ok, then we were incorrect." He said it's very difficult to do these shows in advance with all the opts outs and transfer portal announcements.

Except the announcement was that he was playing so it’s not actually that hard. Less than 2 minutes.

Yeah, apparently ESPN made NO attempt to check if he was playing or not, but just assumed since he wasn’t coming back he wasn’t going to play. Typical of the media these days.

That is such BS. Just say that you didn't do any research and were talking out of your ass.

Or maybe just don't report it.

The ONLY non live sports I watch is SVP bad beats.

This is me as well. I used to put on ATH, PTI, SC in the background while cooking dinner, but I rarely do that anymore.

Back