• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

ESPN Bowl Mania Show, no Hartman???

Just chatted briefly with Luginbill who initially said "our research may have had it incorrect," and then when I added Hartman was pictured practicing with the team Friday said "Ok, then we were incorrect." He said it's very difficult to do these shows in advance with all the opts outs and transfer portal announcements.
Do you like Luginbill? I've never had any personal interactions with him, but he seems like a bit of a buffoon. He's certainly way out of his league when it comes to recruiting.

I remember when Fox launched their sports net that was touted as finally the alternative to ESPN, and almost immediately it was clear that it was just a dud. So ESPN gets fat and happy.

Do you like Luginbill? I've never had any personal interactions with him, but he seems like a bit of a buffoon. He's certainly way out of his league when it comes to recruiting.

He's a Ga Tech dork.

Really my only interactions with him have been via SiriusXM/ACC Radio appearances and then last night. He's always been good to deal with on the radio show, and then he pretty much immediately answered my message last night once I heard about this thread. So, he's been good personally. He could've ignored me. Nobody wants to hear they potentially messed up. As you said, there are probably way better sources for recruiting info. I certainly don't really think much about what anyone at ESPN says in that realm.

Really my only interactions with him have been via SiriusXM/ACC Radio appearances and then last night. He's always been good to deal with on the radio show, and then he pretty much immediately answered my message last night once I heard about this thread. So, he's been good personally. He could've ignored me. Nobody wants to hear they potentially messed up. As you said, there are probably way better sources for recruiting info. I certainly don't really think much about what anyone at ESPN says in that realm.
so will he/has correct the the record somewhere or it'll just live on as being sloppy research and no one cares because it's Wake?

The ONLY non live sports I watch is SVP bad beats.
That's me as well. It is extremely rare that I watch anything on ESPN other than live or recorded sports broadcasts. I used to watch Sportscenter years ago and I would listen to Mike and Mike in the morning, but now I could tell you what kind of shows they have on. I listen to ESPNU radio quite a bit, especially during football season, but I listen to PGA tour radio more during non-football season.

I mean it's so crazy, Lugenbill said with such confidence that Hartman wasn't playing and Mitch would be taking the snaps. Of course, I also thought if that is what he really thought, putting us at 21 (right in the middle, 1-42) on his confidence board was crazy. With Sam I see this game as a toss-up, without Sam it be hard to not bet on Mizzou.

last time I engaged with any non-live sports ESPN content was when I lived in DC and figured out that I could listen to the previous day's PTI in just about exactly the amount of time it took to walk to work. hit play the moment I locked my door and finished right when I sat at my desk.

so will he/has correct the the record somewhere or it'll just live on as being sloppy research and no one cares because it's Wake?
They'll probably lead Sportscenter with a correction.

My wife and 10 year old actually like PTI. They don't follow sports, but they like the agreement/disagreement/banter between two old friends. I thought those were fascinating takes.

Back