• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

ESPN cleans house

ESPN canned a bunch of top talent today

Max Kellerman
Keyshawn Johnson
Jalen Rose
Laphonso Eliis
Matt Hasselback
Suzy Kolber

Live sports costs a ton of money. Gotta cuts costs somewhere. Jesus, they canned Suzy Kolber.
It all went downhill for Suzy Kobler after Joe Namath tried to kiss her....

It all went downhill for Suzy Kobler after Joe Namath tried to kiss her....
Suzy Kolber handled like a professional. It was a cornerstone moment for her that helped her pave the way for other women like Mina Kimes to analyze and report on the NFL.

Joe Namath said he hasn't had a drink since that moment. Embarassing himself like that on live TV was the motivation he needed to get turn his life around.

Looking back, it's painful to watch but it was a great moment for both of them.

Max Kellerman is a FANTASTIC FIRING!!!

I actually liked Jalen Rose and Sweet Suzy Kolber.

I just want to "kiss" Suzy Kolber. :)

A friend of mine is a friend of a friend of Suzy Kolber. They went on a group ski trip together in the early 90s around when she started at ESPN. He still regrets not at least trying to ask her out.

I’d be shocked if Kolber doesn’t end up on Fox or NBC. She’s one of the biggest names in NFL broadcasting who isn’t a former coach or player.

A friend of mine is a friend of a friend of Suzy Kolber. They went on a group ski trip together in the early 90s around when she started at ESPN. He still regrets not at least trying to ask her out.

I’d be shocked if Kolber doesn’t end up on Fox or NBC. She’s one of the biggest names in NFL broadcasting who isn’t a former coach or player.
Kolber is also an excellent talent. I was surprised that ESPN let her go - she knew the insides and outsides of sports as well as anyone. Wherever she lands, she is going to be a great hire. NBC seems like a natural landing spot for her, I could easily see her taking Michelle Tafoya's place (that being said, I forget who was used this past season).

She went to Fox for a while before going back to ESPN. I wonder how that will factor in to things.

Back