• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

ESPN College Hoops Tip-Off Marathon (NWT, unfortunately)

Welp, this game is over.

Kentucky is just sick off of turnovers and Kansas (playing a former walk-on and a transfer from Lamar) is giving it up like their home court is at the Bunny Ranch. The talent difference is incredible.

I know Jeff Teague had a rough edge to him, but his brother is a fucking assclown.

Jeff didn't blow up until his senior year, Marquis has been a 5*, all world recruit in Indiana for 3 years. That's what happens when people kiss your ass all throughout high school.

I'm just saying you would think a guy with 6 turnovers in the first half wouldn't act like a fucking clown when he got an And-1. Perspective you idiot.

I can't wait till Kentucky is placed on probation due to Cal being a corrupt sack of shit.

Teague stayed until his senior year?

Considering how someone neg repped me for this, let me explain. Jeff Teague didn't blow up until the summer before his HIGH SCHOOL senior year, where his little brother has been a 5* recruit since his sophomore year.

Last edited:
DeMarcus Cousins is a dumbass mother fucker, isn't he? Dude can barely speak a complete coherent sentence.

Considering how some dummy neg repped me for this, let me explain. Jeff Teague didn't blow up until the summer before his HIGH SCHOOL senior year, where his little brother has been a 5* recruit since his sophomore year.

That dummy was me, so feel free to neg rep back. I got what you were saying after I read it a few times. My bad.

How exactly was this Kansas team ranked so high coming into this season? Surely this isn't just because Kentucky is so good, right? Kansas is getting absolutely worked.

How exactly was this Kansas team ranked so high coming into this season? Surely this isn't just because Kentucky is so good, right? Kansas is getting absolutely worked.

There you have it. Recall that UNC was ranked 4th going into the 2009-2010 season.

Last edited:
I'm just saying you would think a guy with 6 turnovers in the first half wouldn't act like a fucking clown when he got an And-1. Perspective you idiot.

I can't wait till Kentucky is placed on probation due to Cal being a corrupt sack of shit.

People have been calling for this probation for years.....yet not a whisper. Good call bro.

The people saying that Teague's acting like an ass I doubt would take much issue with it if he were wearing a Wake jersey....

im just sayin

Most people knew Kansas would be bad and would barely get into tournament if at all. Ranking is based on name, much like UNC in their rebuilding years. UNC was ranked in top 25 when they finished 8-20.

Because pollsters are dumb and do zero research. Kansas has 8 recruited scholarship players on this team. They lost 4 starters from last year. They're playing a former walk-on and a transfer from Lamar. 2 of their starters had previously only played scrub minutes.

This team isn't very good by Kansas standards. I think they're still fringe top-25 because they do have talented(albeit VERY inconsistent) guards and Robinson is a beast, but they're definitely not your typical #11.

ETA: But Kentucky is fucking goooood. Their interior defense with Davis and Jones is just disgusting. And with those guys guarding the rim, their long athletic guards can take a lot of chances on the perimeter.

Kansas is good, I can tell they are going to do some damage in the Big 12. Kentucky is going to make a lot of good teams look bad this year. Besides Baylor, who is going to control Robinson and Withy in the paint this year? When Kansas is able to get their post game going it will open up the game for their shooters.

Back